Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

The Piper Want's What is do Him

17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank You Stickin to it Needed that today. Having a very rough time of it lately. I tell myself everyday that I am not going to get iritated and I am not going to get angry, but undoubtably some time during the day it happens and I find my self in another rage. Seems very uncontrollable right now and that bothers me. I saw on another post that it may be the change of seasons causing some of this. It very well might be. I have noticed a lot of quitters on the posts today that have either fell off the wagon or are thinking about. Seems a lot of people right now are having a hard time. I think this is the time for all of us to grab our guns, pull up are boot straps and slap that NICODEMON right where he deserves it. I just treated myself to a Pizza as a reward!!!! Boy does this taste good! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 636 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $125 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I suggest we do this!
This was written for Dupe's two week celebration. For you folks it is meant for you as well. Two weeks of smacking him around, you sound refreshed. In the days, weeks, and months going forward, you will achieve a quicker quit if you don't allow yourself to dwell on smoking. Use your distractions to help get you through. It does get easier and easier. There are things that we have no control over such as the weather, things we have limited control over, whether we get a raise or bonus next year, and then things that we do have or should have control over albeit with some assistance or support. Keep a strong presence of mind, and stay away from those that smoke at least until you feel strong. Lead us not into temptation�..Keep the thought, smoking is never an option. Remember if you want to quit, don�t light up under any circumstance. Smoking does not pay the bills. I hope all of you newer quitters stay together and make it to the top of the mountain. It is mighty fine to get up in the morning and not think about lighting up. It is worth your effort to achieve this. Where this is pain there is gain, or No pain, no gain. Regards Stickin to it [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 427 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,418 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2241.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 79 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 682 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I love the "lead us not into temptation" because I have certainly done my share of asking for help from the "Big Guy"! Also, it is encouraging to see your number of quit days...thanks for the boost! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,248 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $255.44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
Keep doing what you do so well!

Reading this thread: