Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

The Magic Ship- Board Here!

17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just stopping by to check in on you guys. You seem to be doing very well. Congratulations to all of you on those milestones! Your stats are looking great. Keep up those awesome quits. Life does move forward and every day gets better and better. Lady :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 626 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,537 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2191 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 56 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rainie! Cudo's to you for taking care of yourself. I am so glad a little medication keeps the bad stuff from happening to you! I am on meds for cholesterol (2 meds), vitamins, and of course, the Chantix (for now). I've been told that BP meds are on my radar screen. It doesn't bother me to take a few meds..how about you? As long as they are working! Lots of good luck (and hugs) at the doctor today. I'm right there with you to hear the good news! Freemom, glad to see you are sticking with us. We are always here for you. I try to post daily when I can, when I am not out fishing. I know our other shipmates are very busy and I appreciate that they post as often as they do. There are some who don't need as much support as maybe was needed at the beginning, but even those sailors seem to drop by now and then to lend their words of wisdom and support. (Has anyone seen Aunt Deb latetly? Did she run off with the chippies?) Plus they get this ship hoppin' and rockin'. What I am trying to say is thank you to those who have helped me so much! Hope we can all get together for kick ash party on board real soon! (I'm still thinkin that a talent show would be fun). Glad everyone is doing so well! 7 weeks today for me! ((((HUGZ)))) for all! MomMom [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,484 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $237.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 682 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning, my fine shipmates! Freemom- I usually post while I am at work and I have been sooo busy I don't have too much time for extras. When I am at home I stay busy too and hubby is usually on computer. He really doesn't say too much about me not smoking...about once a week he says how proud he is of me. But I think he is just taking my lead because the only place I really talk about the quit is here. I think that is a bit of what has helped me is to not dwell on the quit. In the beginning it was like "freakn'" all consuming and I knew I would fail if I kept obsessing on it. Well kids, one thing you don't know about me is that I have a heart condition that was diagnosed last year.... today is my annual visit to the cardiologist. Yes, I know I am much to young to have one of "those" doctors!!!! Anyway....it will very interesting to walk in there as a non-smoker! I have regurgitation in two of my valves. For those of you that have heard of prolapse, which is quite common, the difference is that with prolapse the valves sort of billow without opening wide up...mine open wide up! Atleast that is how my doc explained it to me. They grade the regurg on a scale of 1 - 4+, mine is a 3.When I was 1st diagnosed it was because I couldn't stay awake, I was sleepy ALL the time...this wasn't like me at all. Well, anyway there are these things called PVCs, also common. Kind of like when you get scared and your heart skips a beat...They threw a halter monitor on me for 24 hours and my magic number of pvcs was 6,973 in 24hours and my resting heart rate was 126 bpm. No wonder I was tired!!! Wow, that was weird typing all of that up...things I had forgotten about because I feel so wonderful now!!! It is a wonder what a little medicine everyday, quitting smoking, and losing 11 lbs can do for a gal! Oh yeah, treatment for me will be an annual echo to monitor any changes in the structure of my heart and when that happens (usually within 10 years of diagnosis) they will go in and repair the valves. No big deal! And remember...this is MY history...the information my doc gave to me about me...everyone is different!!!! He believes the damage to the valves came from being sick at one time or another as a kid. Well, I have really got to get back to work!!!! Time it
17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, I must have missed some interesting stuff! Nurse - I hope that whatever was causing you so much stress and potentially threatening your quit is resolved soon. Don't give up the fight. Hang in there and keep posting for support now that your on-line again. We're here for you, even if we don't get to read everything. Rainie - we miss hearing more than a line from you! I guess you're doing really well and don't need to check in as much. I'm curious - how is your hubby reacting now that you are this far into the quit? Does he forget you ever smoked and act like it's no big deal? Faith - hope that eye is feeling better and your vision is back to normal too. We miss you, but I guess staring at a computer screen for hours isn't so good for you now. Mr. M - thanks for checking in with us regularly. You are a great role model for us - esp the ease with which you adjusted to a non-smoking life. Pat - know you may not be hooked up yet, but hope your week isn't too hectic. We need you to keep us (and the mods!) laughing. Here's a song to rock up the boat. "Oh you're a real tough cookie with a long history of breaking little hearts like the one in me. That's ok, let's see how you do it. Put up your dukes and lets get down too it. Hit me with your best shot. Why don't you hit me with your best shot? Hit me with your best shot. Fire away. You come on with a come on, you don't fight fair. That's ok, see if I care Knock me down it's all in vain I get back up on my feet again Hit me with your best shot. Why don't you hit me with your best shot? Hit me with your best shot. Fire away." - Pat Benetar *** Take that you nicodemon. Don't you mess with us! *** [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 71 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
  • Quit Meter

$119,557.62

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6402 Hours: 9

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 388 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Gang, I am back. Wow I did not have time to catch up on everything that I missed. Not sure what went on. Nursey I am sorry about the post. Maybe we should get an e-mail list going. Once my is working again, I will get with Pat. Are we can try to catch people on IM. No No I did not use the bat to my computer.:eg: That would cut off my life line to the ship. :) Faith great news. Now we can start dolphin watching. Freemom, you are doing great. And wow Lynn, look at those stats. Rainie, I think that is the first drag have ever heard out of you. :) Speaking of drag, a lot of you know that my sister, Mother and I decided to quit together. Well my Mother did not even quit for an hour and my sister would not return my calls for the last 6 weeks. My husband told me she had probably started smoking again. Well me being the eternal optimist, said nooo she is probably just busy. I spoke to her last night and she has started back smoking and did not want to tell me. She thought that I might start back. I proudly told her that this is my quit and nothing is going to have me start smoking again. I told her that I had a bunch of friends on the Magic Ship that would kick my you know what if I started back. What I am trying to say is thank you my friends for being there and giving me the strength and support to beat what other family members could not. Yeah us. I have another funny story to share about my trip, but I will save that for the next post. Getting late and I have to get up early tomorrow. Stay strong and let's keep this boat a floating until Pat can return. Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,578 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $273 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 682 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What a drag [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,371 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $280.16 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 158 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
great news Lynne- you remain an inspiration to us and we're glad you decided to jump on board for the ride....keep it up....Mr.Magic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,351 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $150.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hello everyone just reporting that I have 23 weeks smke free today Faith, so glad it was good news about your eyes dull miserable day here in the UK. have a great week lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 161 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,423 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �644 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
  • Quit Meter

$113,540.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6491 Hours: 23

Minutes: 54 Seconds: 43

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 79 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, Captain, you read my mind. The mods were nice enough to send me the replies to my deleted post...though I hear through the grapevine that some replies were chopped before I got them. I, too, have contemplated jumping overboard on this thread, but stay because of the wonderful people I have met here. So as not to bore everyone with a repeat of the details, I will say this. The feelings I mentioned in my notorious 'deleted' post will NEVER cause me to pick up a cigarette. If anything, they are even more motivation to keep me away from them. Quitting smoking is just a step in the journey toward my ultimate goal. Anyway, I must say that my opinion has somewhat soured on this site as a result of my deleted post. I can understand edits so as not to give out medical advice, but yesterday I was distraught and needing to vent to people that I knew would listen. The way I understand it, some of the replies were first edited, and then the whole conversation got WHACKED right off the page. Just as most of this post probably will. I found that to be not only insensitive, but also potentially counter-productive if I had fallen off the magic ship as a result. But anyway, thanks to those of you who replied to my post. You know who you are, and I truly appreciate your taking the time to share your stories with me...and I know it couldn't have been easy for some. ~Carolyn [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 606 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $180 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 158 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
good morning....Faith I am so glad things worked out with your eyes, Mrs MM has had some serious problems with the retina but all is well now. I can see some of the posts have been severely cut, which really doesn't make much sense to me, especially if the feelings Nursey mentioned could potentially effect her enough to go back to smoking. If that's the way it's going to be, the The Captain will park this ship and move on to another forum. There can be no question that this core group of people has helped not only ourselves, and continue to support each other, get through tough times during the quit, but I know there are countless others who are lurking and no doubt gaining support from us, The Magic Ship. Hope all is well with everyone, stay strong, continue to help those who need it....And a note to the mods, as much as we enjoy being here, and we all DO know the rules, if you are going to edit a post, do it so it makes sense, my last post was so chopped up it doesn't make sense at all.. Thanks, The Captain..

Reading this thread: