Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,531 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

The Magic Ship- Board Here!

17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Faith - to use the IM you need to click on launch. You might need to adjust your security to allow pop-ups on the site. Then eventually the IM will pop up and if you add a user to your list you can click to initiate a conversation. Give it a try! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 94 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $28.56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$119,557.62

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6402 Hours: 8

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 47

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sigh..... TO ALL MY BELOVED SHIPMATES: THANK YOU -- for the joyous ride * for your wonderful humor, even at difficult times * for your humanity * for your pride in yourselves and your shipmates * for being such wonderful human beings * for somehow finding a way to make the tough journey to quit land so MUCH FUN! I would love to exchange e-mail addresses. I've never been on IM, though, so don't know how to make that happen. Help!! MomMom and Freemom: I'm with you -- I'm not going anywhere and will most certainly be available to you and any other shipmates. I'm so proud of you, Freemom, for making your way back -- we're sure not going to abandon you now, I assure you! Maybe MomMom and I can take you with us to Vegas (if we haven't been banned, that is)! Teach me how to use IM and I can meet you there, if you'd like. Rainie, Cap'n, Ladycigevictor (our humble founders) -- thanks for letting us play -- it was grand fun! JT, Lynne, MomMom, Nurse and Hubby, Freemom and Phil (you lurker, you): Thank you to you all for your wonderful support and love. Love you all -- keep the faith! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 179 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,193 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1432 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 158 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
...and we are proud of you too freemom for coming back, and for hitting that 7 day mark!! Please understand that I won't vanish off into thin air, I will continue to log in when I can and support those as they need it as I received support 60 some days ago....everyone have a smoke free and beautiful Easter....Mr. Magic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,393 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $155.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Freemom, Please keep posting. I am not through with this site either. I am sure that several of us will be around to support you whenever you need us. I need your support, too! Funny, isn't it? We are only ending a fun little thread, but it seems like so much more because we care so much about each other. Stick around, I'll be here. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,519 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $242.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, the Magic might be docked for now. But I for one am not done with this site and the need to read and post. So I'll be around on other threads, but I'll miss the fun and support I found here. Hey, we each have our own quits and ways to handle them. MomMom, Nurse, JT, Lynne, Pat and Faith and anyone else that needs it - feel free to post with me or catch me on IM if you want to exchange e-mails. Rainie and Capt. M - don't forget to check in occasionally, esp if you hit any rough waters or have a challenging day. I'm proud that I've gone a full week - no problems, few if any cravings. Luv you all! - Freemom [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 91 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $28.56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
  • Quit Meter

$119,557.62

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6402 Hours: 8

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 47

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Talk about a fantastic voyage? Where else would I get my very own helicopter to pilot my friends around to the races? :) We can always bump this thread, jump on board, and say hello, right? (and the flashers can flash again, and Faith can wear her boa again, and Pat can turn on the radio, and the rest of us can do our thing, etc. etc.) I can't thank everyone enough for their support. I MAY have made it this far without this ship, but it wouldn't have been nearly as much FUN! You guys are AWESOME!!! I have enjoyed this part of each day of my quit! Keep in touch, and like the Captain says, help those who need it (as we have helped each other). The following is something I wrote YEARS ago, and I keep a worn, yellowed copy in my wallet to this day. I wrote it way back then because my imagination took me to a place far away from a reality that wasn't a happy one, but it is so fitting now that I had to share it (again??) Sorry if I repeat myself. :blush: I somehow must have known that I would take this voyage!!! [color=Red]I am the captain of my ship, a Dreamer afloat on a fantasy sea, Anchored in the Imagination of we who dare to sail[/color] With, of course, my apologies to Capt. MrMagic, who can never be replaced. Happy (non-smoking) Trails! ;) MomMom [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,514 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $242.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I will miss everybbody so much you sense of humour and dedication has helped to keep me going if anyone wants mt e-mail, feel free to I M me shedding a tear lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 163 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,451 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �652 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

$113,540.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6491 Hours: 22

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phil sheds a tear... Will miss you lot! THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE MY EMAIL PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE IT I WOULD LOVE TO KEEP IN TOUCH!!! Phil x ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 240 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,288 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1260 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 48 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 682 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Woo Hoo!!! Doc visit was awesome! I have one more test to take at the end of the month and if that comes back ok then I am in the clear for another year!!!! Dear Capn.... I too know how you are feeling.... I am grabbin my bikini and my rose colored glasses and I am going to fly off to the land of quit with you. I am SO a non smoker and I have done it with a positive attitude that I need to keep protected. M'lady...could you tie the back of my suit? (email me when you get a chance) Ta ta and take care [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,407 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $288.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 158 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The Ship has now been secured to the dock, The Captain grabs his duffle bag, shades, harmonica, slips on his Berks, and is heading off into the sunset....Well, it has been a great ride, a fun ride, a tremendous ride. I can see that the last post was almost 24 hours ago, which tells me people are really busy, or just plain bored with the cruise, or with the last round of edits, are just paranoid to post anything....it has been stated many times that each of us has had an easier time than others during The Quit, maybe it has gotten to the point the services of the Captain and Crew are no longer needed, or at least not as much. I have tried over the past couple of months to keep the ship afloat when things have slowed but I hate to force things on people, so it is time to tie her up and remember the fun times, and we did have those. I feel like I know everyone on this boat. I received a lot of support from a lot of great people, and felt I have given support as well. I will always hope that everyone continues to stay strong and not waver in their quits, continue to help those who need your support, and be kind and caring with those that are having a tough time....not much more to say, so I will bring down the sails, tie everything down, head for the airport in Cabo, and catch a first class flight to someplace exciting where there is lots of golf, wine, chocolate, a 6 burner stove, and a blender for the "ritas ;-) In the words of our friend Jimmy Buffett (From If the Phone Doesn't Ring, It's Me) I've had good days and bad days And going half mad days I try to let go but you all are still on my mind I've lost all the old ways I'm searching for new plays Putting it all on the line. If it takes all the future We'll live through the past If the phone doesn't ring, it's me I must be off....The Captain, Mr. Magic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,387 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $155.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8

Reading this thread: