Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,631 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Made it through the night!

17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tryagain, Don't give in to the crave (I know you won't anyway). You are strong! I want to say thank you for taking care of the animals. We need more like you. I know it's a burden, but it isn't the animal's fault. Hope you find a nice home for the poodle. MomMom [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 616 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $97 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
tryagain: Wow -- that was a very good test for you and you did pass with flying colors! I'm the same way about animals -- cannot stand to see them be abused or abandoned. What kind of a shop do you have that someone would abandon an animal there? Your big heart shows through! Good for you! Keep the faith -- and that wonderful quit (which just got stronger)! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 149 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,983 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1192 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I hate to see you get taken advantage of just b/c you've got a big heart (we all cheer for the big hearts - keeps us warm). Maybe it would help if you did smoke a cigarette. If you went down to the shop to buy a pack and then accidently ran your car into another car which contained a family exhausted after driving around all day (you would have to go in the evening) trying to find the perfect pet for their son (who worked hard to get straight "A"s -getting a tutor and everything and who cleaned his room for a month straight- including making his bed and folding his PJs) who was now blubbering beyond comfort because the kennel was closed due to a temporary staffing shortage (or flea infestation). The parents would be so happy that they would rush to grab the orphaned puppy and forget about their dented car. Hey wait, you don't have to smoke the cigarette for that to happen. You could just get into a fender bender. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. I'll give it some more thought for you. Keep fighting the good fight. At least the puppy has foster love for a night or two and you'll have a policy in place for the future. Just trying to keep it light, if you're in a space to do that. Hang in there. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 677 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $335 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 519 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Of all stressful situations one of the most stressful I face is when an animal is abandoned at my shop. I got berserk, ballistic, it's more that you can imagine, it is a blind murderous rage. Abandoned animals are becoming increasingly more and more common. One would think I'd get over it, but no, I just get worse. Yesterday a poodle was abandoned. Fake name, address, phone number, just another unwanted dog that no one wants to deal with so they dump it on me. I got through it without cigs last night, although there's a crave right now. I'm struggling to fight it off, a cig won't find the dog a home. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,156 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $380 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
try, Good for you for making through this test! You have a good heart and it shows :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: