Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Overreacting? Dramatizing?

17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jan I can't say that I know exactly what you are feeling because I am only on day 1, but everyone I talk to that has quit for any number of years, has told me that it never really leaves you and that a craving can come on anytime (whether you are a new quitter or an old quitter). We all need to keep strong when it does happen. Hang in there, be proud of what you have done. Here is where the new people get their inspiration. Good Luck always! :):)
17 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Although I completed my PMSing right before I quit smoking I dont know at the point what will happen....But, I can tell you from being in recovery for drugs and alcohol in the very beginning when I hit those milestones (any time in recovery thats under a year) I would become emotional about things and to this day when I am about to complete another year in recovery I tend to look at what happen over the last year and emotions do tend to take over for awhile.....As of March 28, 2007 I will have 4 years of recoverys so I am currently at the moments dealing my emotion issues from my last year of recovery along with quitting smoking...... I MUST BE CRAZY DOING ALL OF THIS AT ONCE...... So I say its normal and you are not overreacting and dramatizing things that are going on in your life.....
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
To Serenity, GOD BLESS! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 470 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan, What perfect timing, I needed this post! I was a B**** yesterday, but I knew I was overreacting to the smallest thing and I asked people to understand and to forgive. Everyone did, except Sweetheart, who got MAD at me for having a crappy day. But even when I was smoking I wasn't allowed to have a bad day in his world. I have to be happy and charming all the time? I think not! Last night I ignored him and went to sleep (although very early). All is better now. I don't know if quitters experience this more often than the general public or not. Everyone has bad days...do quitters just have a convenient excuse? There were other contributing factors in my world this week (although PMS isn't one of them) that exacerbated my mood, is it fair to chalk it up to "I quit smoking"? Maybe we should call this the "VENT" thread? Thanks Jan! Great job on 47 days! Cheers back at ya! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 460 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Interesting, no kidding!! I seriously can't stand myself right now. I want a slap my own self every time I open my mouth. ha ha ha ha Is there a full moon out this week? I'll be glad when this wears off. Man, I hope this wears off. :8o: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 583 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
Uhh, am I the only one who's still a witch today? I don't like this.....it's really unsettling. Hugs, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 570 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
OMG!! I needed to read this post too!! Lord, I felt like a serial killer with her feelings on her sleeve yesterday!! I'm still feeling like that to a point. Serenity, I'm going through the same thing!! Just keep thinking, no more visits from Aunt Flo'!!! ha ha ha ha ha I know, OVER SHARING but we have to find that silver lining somewhere. I've definitely been over reacting to everything. I went into this calm state for several days but I think that was the calm before the storm. My husband is scared and is still looking at me like I just emerged from an egg sack in some SciFi movie. HA HA HA HA Put the sharp instruments away for now and we'll get through this together. Group hug, group hug!! Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 527 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
Okay, yesterday and today, my mood has been much better. Day 11 and 12 of my quit was horrible as you all know. I half expected to open the front door only to see a tall priest with dark, smoldering eyes here to pay a visit with a bucket of Holy Water. (The mood I was in, I'd have beat the crap out of him too.) Day 13 and 14, I'm a regular Tinkerbell thinking my happy thoughts. Weird, huh? I sure hope everyone else is doing better. Hugs, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 671 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 292 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[quote] Day 13 and 14, I'm a regular Tinkerbell thinking my happy thoughts. Weird, huh? [/quote] Tutti, you so totally crack me up! It's an adventure (and a pleasure) to read your words! You're doing great with your quit, btw! Keep it up! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,890 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $189 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree Jan! Well done on 50 days! I would have been dramatic if my DH called me emotional ;) - I'ld be up for an Oscar by now. Marie

Reading this thread: