Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Help !!!!!

17 years ago 0 113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What a good laugh. Can I borrow that 2 by 4 when you're finished? I sure could use it today and I'm sure tomorrow as well. Good luck Terri [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 311 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jnine, I hope you haven't smoked. Acknowledge what it really is............a mental ploy to find an excuse to smoke and call it quits. I think our subconscience can work against us to. You can be mad at him just as well as a non smoker as a smoker. Look at the days you have on your meter!!!!!!!!!! Why throw that away for any reason. It only hurts 'YOU'....not who aggitates you. Better to vent like you did...than smoke. Besides.. if you cave in....your only gonna want another one anyway. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 737 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $160.92 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jnine, I only have three words for you, Pork and Beans!! ha ha ha ha Wait, here's another, Sandwich. LOL My husband has done that same thing to me too and when he acts that way, he eats what I put in front of him. That means, Pork and Beans or a Sandwich!! Hang in there and drink your water to help with that craving. Okay? And vent all you want. We're right here for you. Men!!! Hugs, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 358 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $19.53 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 247 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everyone, I feel better now. We are talking and my crave is over. But thanks for being there. NOT ONE PUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jNINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 861 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $118.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
Hi Rainie, I already told him he has been very unsentive today. I can't spell so bear with me. I didn't yell I just eat without him but tonight I had to say something. Now I think he is mad at me. Oh well he might as well be mad because I sure am. Jnine
I am so mad at my husband that I could scream. Twice today I have fixed him a meal and he is so busy talking to his cousins that I ate without him. Once I even went to the store. From 1-10 I am at a 8 for smoking. I am not going to do it no matter what but I sure want to. I will be just as mad with or without a smoke. I just need to vent. I already feel better. jnine :mad: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 857 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $115.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
Thanks everyone, No it was not me I spoil him so bad it is awful. But that is the way I am. The man never has to do anything for himself when it comes to food. He is a good guy he is just all caught up in fixing up this barn for him and his cousins in Indiana to have partys and a big pig roast. The pig roast is a big event every year. Today he didn't even get on the couputer to talk to his cousins untill I said he could talk to them but when a meal is ready don't come an hour after it is put away. That is a pet peeve of mine. When it is time to eat, come to the table. All is well now I THINK!!!! Any way he came right away today. Don't get me wrong I don't controll him , even his family says I spoil him to much. But I made my bed and I will lay in it. Jnine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 878 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $118.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sense of humour what a novel thought. I think I lost mine along the way. Excuse nme while I go look for it. Den2 :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 509 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $500 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jnine: Sorry you're stuck with an insensitive husband. I can feel your pain, because I happen to have one of those at my house, too! Your resolve to quit is strong, though, I can feel it. I'm glad you came and vented because as Rainie said, smoking would only make you more angry at your husband because he caused you to quit your quit. You know all that. Here's what I've learned in my quit: When I get mad at my husband, especially when he's being insensitive, I no longer automatically think to reach for a cigarette. NOW I automatically think to reach for a 2 by 4! Now that's a healthy change, don't you think? Well, it's working for me and I'll bet it will for you, too! Keep the faith -- and your sense of humor, Jnine. You're doing GREAT! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 140 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,635 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
J Are you sure its him? Since I stopped I have been a miserablesod at times especialy with my wife. take a look in the mirror mate! me x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 202 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,244 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1060.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4

Reading this thread: