Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

New Quitter...Chantix

17 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
New quitter here....took Chantix for a week before quit date and am on my third day quit now. Some cravings but nothing unmanageable. Any other Chantix users out there? I guess my question is at what point do people find a serious drop off with cravings? I am in this for the long haul...would love to hear from others out there who have quit using chantix. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 54 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Leroux44, Just started my last 4 weeks of Chantix. Once you go several times smoke free through the various situations when you lit up you will suddenly realize that you are not even thinking about it anymore. That is my experience anyway. Yesterday it rained all day and I never smoked in the house. I didn't think about smoking but what I did think about was how glad I was that I didn't have to go out and face the elements just to smoke! Good luck!!! :)Audrey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 829 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $114.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:) Hi Leroux44 and welcome to the SSC Hope you will do some reading past and present posts. I'm still using the Chantix (just finished week 7)and will continue for the 12 week course. My craves became less after 3 weeks. They still happen,but now I know the mental-triggers are what instigate them. I'm nicotine free. Everytime I connect the immediate emotion of the minute... to the situation at hand...I dissolve one more trigger. I take deep breaths to reward myself of the discovery. If you go into the forum that discusses coping strategies for craving and withdrawal...you will find a ton of information there. Keep reading and stay close to keep armed in fighting this addiction. auntdeb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,819 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $266 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
44, Welcome and please make yourself at home! As you can see the members have all kinds of knowledge and can really help. Use the program for information and assistance. Post often and ask questions :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: