Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

New Quitter...

17 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Josie, I'm new. How do I post to these discussions where people answer right back? LadyJ
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jose, Are you looking for someone to talk to on the IM (Instand Messenger)? If so you need to click the Launch button on the Home page and it open the IM. If anyone is on, it will tell you. Does that help? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 89 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Leroux44 I am new to Chantix myself. Started the pills on Thursday of last week and 3/1/07 is my quit date. I have noticed that it is easier to get over the cravings. I still have a few really hard ones, like my first one in the morning and my 2:00pm smoke break from work. But it does seem easier to climb over the craving then to go and have that smoke. I have noticed the cigs are not tasting as good as they used to and I am more sensitive to the smell of cig smoke. I have cut down from 1.5 packs a day to about 10 or less. So the Chantix is working. Hopefully for you it will work too. Most of this journey I think is all mind set. First we work on the addiction and then we work on the mind and the habit. Thats where this forum comes in. Post as often as we need to especially when a craving hits, it helps to get over it. Good luck with your quit, keep posting! :)
17 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the support, guys. and GOOD LUCK on your quit date. Things are getting easier each day...very easy overall compared to what I gather cold turkey can be like. I credit my desire, the chantix and your support. Thanks! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 119 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
BTW any side effects with chantix anyone? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 119 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
Hey All... You are so inspiring. Its 1145pm here now and that is around the time i took my last puff one week ago. I then ripped up the rest of the pack and haven't looked back since. I was at a friends yesterday and she used to blame me for being a bad influence and making her smoke more than she does when she is alone. She smoked 3 cigarettes and i smoked...NONE. It is a great feeling to be smoke free. I decided today to save the money i am saving and in 6 months or so buy a new flat-screen TV. Hope u are all doing well. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 139 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $19.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
New quitter here....took Chantix for a week before quit date and am on my third day quit now. Some cravings but nothing unmanageable. Any other Chantix users out there? I guess my question is at what point do people find a serious drop off with cravings? I am in this for the long haul...would love to hear from others out there who have quit using chantix.
17 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Love Chantix! My quit is rather complicated as I started out with actupuncture. Managed to cut back with actupuncture but found myself trying to smoke all I wanted the morning of 2-19. That really made me angry so I ran out and bought CQ patches put one on; stopped smoking and started munching celery sticks for the next 24 hours. I went to my doctor the next day and she wrote me the prescription for Chantix. I started the Chantix on 2-21 and continued to wear the patch and munch my celery sticks. I think the crunch in the celery truly has helped me with the frustration I feel. The patch was to come off on my quit date. On Sunday,2-25-07, I didn't put my patch on. I suspect that I will not be using the patch again as Chantix is working great and much quicker than I thought it would. I have not had a cigarette since the morning of February 19 and I pray I never will light another. Hey 2-19 until 2-26....thats one whole week. Oh Goody!
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Another Chantix user here. I smoked up until the very last minute without thinking much about cutting down. The funny thing was, I had cut down on the chantix during that first week. The first 3 or 4 days after that last smoke were very hard...you notice its called Hell week...with good reason. Now not so much, a couple a day. I really thought that first one in the morning would be the hardest to give up, but now I find my cravings are more likely to be after meals, or when I am bored. Attitude and the desire to quit mean everything. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 356 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $53.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am half way through my 4th Chantix week, and no side effects other than the dreaming. I am happy to say I still have the dreams, maybe because I take one exedrin PM right before bed. If I don't take it, sometimes I have trouble falling asleep. Maybe that's a side effect? Love those dreams...the places I have been and the things I have seen....WOWEE! Keep NOT smoking! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 466 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21

Reading this thread: