Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

FAILED THE FIRST SHOULD I TRY AGAIN; HELP

17 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i was carrying paul and i forgot my meter. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,018 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $305.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
PAUL! WE ARE ALL ONE BIG STRONG ARMY HERE, FIGHTING FOR OUR LIVES FOR OUR FREEDOM AND FOR OUR HEALTH. WE ARE NOT LEAVING YOU TO DIE IN THE HANDS OF THE ENEMY. I WILL CARRY YOU BACK TO BASE!! YOU GET STRONG AGAIN AND HELP US IN THIS WAR. HELP ME TO CARRY YOU PAUL , START NOW! ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL!!! EX-IDIOT
17 years ago 0 113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Never give up! Sometimes it just takes a few times to quit. It's so hard. But if you don't keep trying you will never make it :eg: I made it 20 days and caved. So now I'm starting all over again. It happens. There are alot of nice people on here to keep you filled with good advice. Good luck!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 311 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Paul my opinion is everyone that smokes should try and quit, they are poisonous to you. You will have to make that choice for yourself and stick to it. Good Luck and you can come here often for help and support. Own your own quit. Protect it and make it yours! Kygirl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 558 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 81 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Another vote for don't give up. I too am taking chantix. I tried to quite after the suggested week and didn't make it although I kept taking the medicine. My smoking habit did become less I went from at least one pack a day to between 6 and 10. I finally quit after almost a month. I just did not give up on trying to quit. I also found this site a couple weeks into trying to quit. Great big huge help. Still battleing the demon but feeling strong and confident I'm going to win. Keep up the good work [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 211 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Paul Here you�ll find support, knowledge, and caring friends. Why not trying again. Why not considering yourself a winner. All my caring thoughts, mitri :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 109 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
  • Quit Meter

$295,282.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 10

Minutes: 20 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Paul - yes you should definitely try again. Keep taking the Chantix (I'm using it, too) use the tools on the left, track your smoking and triggers and give yourself a few more days to begin your quit. Don't delay too long, but give yourself the time to prepare. You can do it! That's not to say there won't be rough times ahead, but read and post here often and it helps. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 331 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $110.16 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
  • Quit Meter

$119,589.21

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6404 Hours: 1

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just do it! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 726 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $201.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Paul, Yea, try again. You don't WANT to smoke, it's the addict in you that needs a fix. You'll have to fight but we're here for you. Have things there for that "hand to mouth" thing. Like sunflower seeds, roasted peanuts, gum in lots of flavors, lots of hard candy, that soft candy is goooood too, straws to chew, toothpicks, and whatever else you want. Above all, have lots of water there. Drink as much water as you can hold. Drink water all day long and hit it hard when the cravings come. It flushes your system and really helps with those cravings. You really need all of these things or whatever you'd like to use for that hand to mouth thing. NO, not a cigarette. ha ha ha You need to throw away ALL of your cigarettes and ashtrays. It's hard to throw those smokes away but if you don't, you can easily cave. I did after three days on my first quit because there were three cigarettes still here in my house. You have to get rid of them if you really, really want to succeed. Make a list of the reasons you want to quit. Write them down. That really helps a lot. Make your house, car, etc. smoke free. Clean the house and car and get rid of as much of the smoke smell as you can. Light candles in your house, incense, oils, whatever. Make your house and car smell nice, clean, and smoke free. What were you doing when you caved today? Coffee, my PC, after meals, the telephone, my car are all triggers to smoke for me. Look at your triggers and do something completely different. If you're at the computer and smoke, move the desk, put out pictures of your family, sit a candle where the ashtray use to sit, etc. You get the picture. Take it easy on yourself and avoid those triggers as much as possible. I'm still limiting my PC time and telephone time. I drive my husband's new smoke free truck instead of my car. LOL (I like that truck better anyway) Like everyone has said, use the tools to the left under Quit Program Tools. Work the Quit Program Workbook. It does help and it prepares you. Read as many posts as you can and you post a lot. We're all here for you. Now, ready, set, go. Hugs, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 356 [B]Amoun
17 years ago 0 247 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Paul, YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enough yes's for you. Don't wait just do it. Never give up. You learn from your mistakes. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jnine a Chantix user [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 861 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $118.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2

Reading this thread: