Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Wow, I can NEVER smoke AGAIN..EVER!!!...lol

17 years ago 0 135 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Not that I have even been thinking about going back to smoking but as a few of you may know the thing that put me over the edge for quitting was my managers hubby passing away from cancer.. I quit the day after he passed away.. Anyways, she was off to be with him has now come back to work and we were chatting b/c I haven't seen her through out her whole ordeal.. I told her I quit smoking, she asked when and why and I told her that his passing was the final straw and she was visibly ecstatic about that and gave me a hug and told me how proud of me she was.. So I worked with her on Saturday, her in-laws come in (hubbys parents) and she tells THEM about my quitting.... Her daughter and husband come in and she tells them about it.. Today her parents come in, she tells them and her sisters and their husbands and kids come in and she tells them about my quitting also.. Like I said above I have NOT been thinking about starting again AT ALL but me and boyfriend were talking about this evening and he was like wooooow, you can NEVER start again because of this.. I feel so happy that not only have I done such a great thing for myself and my family, I also have my manager who is happy I quit and it touched her and her families also.. It's so rewarding to me in so many ways.. Not sure if this the right forum but I just wanted to share this great story.. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 511 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $255 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 135 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks guys.. lol @ Phil : ) I just gotta re-iterate, I do NOT want to smoke again : ) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 521 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $255 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for sharing your experience Butterfly. Something good came out of something bad. You will no doubt inspire a lot of people. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 154 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,097 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $770 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Butterfly! Of course you wont smoke.... Can you imagine a butterfly with a cigarette? More silly than a Penguin with a cigar! Phil x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 188 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,952 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �987 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Butterfly, (that rhyms) Thanks for sharing this nice story. You say you CAN never smoke again but in a few days you wil change your words in: I don't WANT to ever smoke again. Good luck with the quit and you know you will make it. Keep rewarding yourself. Dutch xxxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 317 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,513 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �935.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great story... thanks for sharing! Ron [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 337 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,808 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2274.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 52 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5

Reading this thread: