Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,559 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

I've lost one of the main reasons to be quit and it's my first day

17 years ago 0 47 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Danielle! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Thanks everyone for the responses. Danielle, in her email she offered one, but now she hasn't returned my email, so I guess it's over. penquin- I wish someone could quit for me too. Wouldn't it be nice. windy - I do currently watch kids for three other families. I don't smoke inside, so hiding it isn't much of a problem. (ooohhhh is that junkie talking ) Sammi - not sure what you mean by the self respect. As far as other motivations, I have been thinking for months to quit again. I was quit for 6 months and restarted last March. Luna, I think you are right. I don't think I will be successful, because I don't think I am really doing it for me. I can smoke only 10 smokes a day (at one time I was at 2.5-3 packs) and be fine with it. I keep losing my quit. As you can see from my meter, I have restarted today. So maybe I'm not ready. We'll see. Thanks everyone. If I disappear from the site, I will be back someday with a new name. This is quite embarrassing. Keep up your great quits!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Jaset, I do not want to get you started, and I do not handle tough love well at all! That is why I did not respond to your other post. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 25 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
I really would like to talk to her about the real reason she is leaving, but don't know how to bring it up. I've made it through the whole day (about to go to sleep) and am happy that I have been able to do that. I will think more about this situation and what to say to her tomorrow. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
OK I watch children out of my home. Last week I had a horrible cough from a cold. While one of the parents was here picking up their child I was having a coughing attack. My hubby says "have another cigarette" as a smart aleck joke - however he says it IN FRONT OF THE PARENT!!!! Mind you, when I smoked, it was not in my house, I did it outside and the kids never knew. The parents didn't either. The day after (last Monday), she drops off her kid and says for no reason that she went back to smoking from the stress of her new job. I don't know if it's true or was a trap to find out whether I did or not. I never told her. I figured she could ask if she wanted to. In the meantime I would quit, so if she asked I could tell her I don't. This morning I get an email saying next week will be her last week. Supposedly she can't afford it, yet her employer pays half of it, so she only ends up paying about $60 a week for three full days. I don't feel that is the real reason. Well, if she's leaving, then maybe I should go back to smoking anyways. I keep thinking what's the point?? I haven't yet, because I can't get out of the house for another 5 hours. Please somebody help. She was the main reason I had even decided to quit right now. I had been playing with it in my mind, but hadn't decided to yet. Ohhh I want one so bad right now. I am so angry and so sad - I even cried in front of the kids this morning. :mad: :( [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 292 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Um... the mom might be "firing" you because of the cigarette comment... TELL HER! Tell her that you never smoked around her child, and that you were mortified at her finding out, SO mortified that you QUIT SMOKING RIGHT THEN AND THERE. She just might change her mind, and then you have your motivation back AND one more person invested in your quit. On the other hand, if you were that mortified that you'd quit smoking on the spot like that, I'd say you have motivation beyond just this one mom! I think you'd like to experience self-respect rather than shame. Do it... for you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 566 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $54 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mommy, Read that word again ...MOMMY! What other reason do you need to quit? Remember the first time you heard that word out of the mouths of babes! That is the sweetest word a child could ever say. Of course later on it becomes Mom and when they are mad at you its MOTHER but what could sound better? I know its hard to quit, it sucks actually but you can do it. If you come back later use the same name, there is no humiliation in being human. We support you no matter what...your kids love you no matter what. The kids you care for love you no matter what...time for you to love you no matter what! Hugs and good luck! Peace Dawn [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 427 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $103.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Luna...Bump bump!!! :) "Keep the Quit Daytime Mommy...for yourself!!" aunt deb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 988 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 204 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DONT GET ME STARTED!!!!! Jaset [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,355 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $368.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Daytime Mommy - Even if you don't provide daycare for this child, won't you plan on doing it again? Will you have to continue hiding your cigarettes from the children and their parents? I have to admit that I used to hate those snide comments about smoking every time I had a cold....but I have to admit that the cough lasted for weeks every time I caught a cold. I've had one cold for 2 days this winter and no cough... Angry and sad - 2 big triggers........this is a big test for you......but you can do it! You don't want to smoke...honest! One day at a time...you can do it.. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 130 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,616 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $650 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27

Reading this thread: