Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

NewPapa's NewBaby stats

17 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations NewPapa - I am giving up tomorrow and expecting my third child in March. Good luck with sleepness nights? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/17/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gosh, I've been really looking forward to hearing from you and am SO happy for you. You brought me right back to when my little girl was born 4 years ago. I hope all is ok with your wife (assuming it is), I had a C-Sec too. Take care of your wife as well as yourself and of course the new addition. There is nothing in the world like it. Welcome back, you may not have much time here? I'm about 2 hours now trying to catch up too! and so glad I found this thread. Marie
17 years ago 0 650 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations to you and your family, New Papa. Loulou [IMG]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p19/donkeylover_01/thDONKEYa.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 521 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
RAWK ON!!!! BOYS RAWK!!!!!!!! Some great advice that was given to me when my oldest was born.... Go to the movies as often as you want with him now while he sleeps alot. It gives you time to connect with your wife as well as still have the date night before the lil one takes more of your times from her. It also gives her the time to get out of the house yet not away from the baby. Sit in the back, just in case he needs to leave the movie without disturbing others. AND now that you arent blowing your money out of your mouth, you can use that lil extra (That he will consume when he is a teenager) to still date your wife while she is in a emotional stage. Plus what guy doesnt like to sit in front of a screen and watch a movie? lol Good luck with the lil guy! GRATZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dawn [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 317 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats to you and your family, NewPapa! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 169 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Everyone, thank you so much for all of the well-wishing and support! My son, Logan, was born on 1/11/07 at 11:09am and weighed in at 7 lbs even and 20 inches. He is a little tiny but he is healthy and beautiful. He was delivered via c-section and, due to complications with my wife, I could not be there when he was delivered so I first laid eyes on him at 11:20am - I never thought that you could fall in love with a screaming little person so quickly. I didn't get to cut the umbilical cord but I was definitely smoke-free when I held him for the first time. We brought him home yesterday after an extended stay at the hospital and he has settled in and made himself at home (contributing nicely to the garbage pail with his little diapers). And yes, I am still SMOKE-FREE whoohoo! My resolve has never been stronger. Thanks again to my SSC friends for your support in helping me to make it this far. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 228 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $48.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You guys are awesome :), thanks for the congrats and the advice. And gonnadoit, that new baby smell is something else, they should make a car air freshner that smells like that. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 253 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $52 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:) "Congratulations New Papa, Momma, and Logan" the best to all of you in this new smoke free year of 2007!! auntdeb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 736 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $73.05 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
NewPapa: Congratulations on being a new daddy! Thank you for keeping us posted -- we were all wondering, I'm sure, how things were going. Little Logan will change your life -- you will absolutely never be the same again. And you've kept your no smoking pledge throughout -- that is SO awesome! Can you even imagine how nasty that would be to have a cigarette around that precious baby? All my best to you and NewMama and NewLogan. Keep the faith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 100 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,032 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $800 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are truly AMAZING. best wishes for you and yours. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 184 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41

Reading this thread: