Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Cognitive Exposure

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.751 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,602 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MRITCHEL AMBRIE, DMARY CHRISTINE, DILOIZA MARHYZ, AFRANCESCA, SERI

Quitting is no drama.

17 years ago 0 984 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Log me in the 'agree' category! Positive thinking is actually quite easy, and quitting smoking is supposed to be hard, isn't it? NO! Here's to shiny happy thoughts :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 307 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �71.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Dutch, I've learned many things from the 2 slips that I had, one of which is that ... QUITTING IS NOT A DRAMA! It's now for me, a celebration! I too noticed that when something positive is posted there are far fewer responses. I've mostly now been reading posts and responding to the stats parade and to people who have cries for help (if I am there at the right time to help in any way I can). But, I'm not spending as nearly much time reading and posting as I did in the past. I NEED to stay more positive for my own well being. I received this little bit of advice from a seasoned re quitter (such as myself) and I am heeding her wise words. She also pointed out that I cannot possibly spend so much time reading about NOT smoking because it reminds you constantly about not doing something that you are trying to overcome.. THAT makes so much sense to me. I come here to be positive and to lend a hand/ear .. and I remind myself to celebrate ME and MY quit as I walk away from the pc smoke free! p.s... if you (my friend who is struggling...), are reading this today know that I love you! Peace and love to all on this wonderful new day :) Monica58 [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/Angel.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 46 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
dear dutch, i totally agree with you that was a great post thanks lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,234 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �328 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
  • Quit Meter

$113,562.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6493 Hours: 6

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 43

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dutch, Sorry I missed this, I just woke up! Today is a holiday here and I talked my 7 year old into sleeping in today! How lucky am I?? I have to agree with you that a positive take on this journey can only help you! Sure, there are still good days and bad days but overall, life is good! Debbie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,628 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $303.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Quite right my dear! me xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 159 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,342 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �834.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good point McLaughlin, I'm glad I don't know everything in the world. I feel sorry for the people who struggle with their quit and I want to be a help where I can. Bye bye :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 289 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,683 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �852.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
Hello everyone, Thanks for all the replies. I know I am 6 or more hours ahead of you. It doesn't matter to me how many people reply but I see so many people here who struggle and I wanted to make them see that quitting is as hard as you make it yourself. Positive thinking takes the same amount of energy than negative thinking. I want people to be aware of that. Positive people are happier than negative people. I know everyone is not the same but everyone is able to change their thoughts. The quotes on the log in page are a good help to change an additude. Love Dutch :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 289 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,679 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �852.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
Quitting smoking is the best thing you can do for yourself and your family. Is that such a drama? No, it's a good thing. You get more healthy every day you don't smoke. Is that a drama? No, it's a good thing. You smell better than you ever did before? Is that a drama? No, it's another good thing. You're probably going to live longer and so will your family. Is that a drama? No it's a good thing. What most people call withdrawal symptoms is the way your body tells you it's healing from all the poison you've put in it when you smoked. Is that a drama? Oh no, it's a sign that your body is healing. A good thing. People can see all things two ways. The positive way and the negative way. The positive way makes a person feel good, the negative way makes a person feel bad. What's your way of seeing things? Dutch xxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 288 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,643 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �849.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
Just what I thought. When you post something positive you get almost no replies. When you post a negative post you get as many replies as you want. This was only a test to see how many people would react. A quit is as positive as one makes it. I'm glad to be one of them. Dutch. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 288 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,649 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �849.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 128 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1024 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34

Reading this thread: