Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

What's your plan?

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hmmmm...I didn't have a plan....but I would say "Post...go to gym or 20 min walk and wait for responses" If I still want to smoke after that, I don't know what I'll do. I feel pretty strong in my quit right now but sometimes I worry about those summertime parties....then I think that I'll worry about them when the summer hits. Good thread Butterfly... Windy W [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 124 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,496 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $620 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's SO easy to slip or relapse in the heat of a moment when you just want to scream "I'VE HAD ENOUGH!!!!!" Maybe things aren't going well in your life and you just can't take the stress anymore. You're about ready to give it all up and bum a cig or go to the store. Every single one of us has WANTED to smoke at one point or another. When quitting, that's a given. But the difference between wanting to and actually lighting that cigarette is the absolute difference between staying quit and blowing your quit. So, what is your plan when you're ready to give up? Having a plan and sticking to it when you're about to give in can mean the difference between keeping your quit secure and having to restart your quit. My plan is to post first. Works everytime. But if, for some reason, I don't want to post, I MUST email/IM a quit buddy to help me and also read my reasons for quitting. What will you do? What's your plan? If you don't have one, now's a great time to make one. Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 442 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,067 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1825.46 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Excellent post BFS! Having an emergency plan for when times get tough or you get caught of guard can be a quit saver! Being prepared before the event occurs increases your chances of making it through to the other side. Give yourself an alternative to going back! Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is a great topic Pam, thank you. My plan. Get to someplace that I can not smoke. Post here and wait for responses, actually call out for help and really wait for a response and read and read and read before I do anything. I look at the journal that I have been writting. I do something really nice for myself, cook myself a really nice meal, have a shower or a sauna. Do whatever it takes to take time and take my mind from the thoughts and the urges to smoke. If all of the above do not work and I am still fighting the urge ... I call on the phone or email some of my buddies here. I don't stop until I have a live response. This last piece never fails. By the time I actually get someone I have got to a place where if I had to tell them I smoked I would be so far into the dog house I would never be able to get out. Besides I told my quit buddy CyberDuke that I would wait to hear from him if I was ever having a problem. So thats my plan. Thanks for posting this Pam because today I really needed to know that I had a plan and that there were options for riding out the storm. Ciao Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 330 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,270 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2640 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 54 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya BFS~ I haven't thought about my plan for many months now. Nonetheless, I do have one. I have to tell my 10 year old son I am going to buy cigarettes and smoke one :8o: But~ That [i]'ain't'[/i] gonna happen, ever! I'm done. When I quit this time..I quit. I don't ever think about how to go back, I only think about how best to get [i]everyone else[/i] to quit. :eg: ;) [color=blue][font=Tahoma]All the best~[/color] [img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6922/n3us.gif[/img][size=3][color=blue]2[/color][/size][img]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2344/k6ob.gif[/img][/color] [color=maroon][size=2][font=impact]I Killed the Nicodemon and got off scot-free! [/color][/size][/font] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 511 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,260 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2555 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3

Reading this thread: