Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

"You're in the WRONG line of work if you don't smoke!"

17 years ago 0 27 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My worry for you is passive smoking which isn't fair after all your hard work. take care Tilly [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 48 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pam, don't worry...their time will come. Try to stay positive in your quit (you are the lucky one!) They still have to meet nicodemon face to face. i think maybe Sunshine has something here...you may have this job for a reason.... ;) Keep the Qit...and the NOPE auntdeb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 492 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $48.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BFS, I can't believe the people you work with. Please stay strong in this situation...don't feel like the outcast. Your the stronger one because your not addicted. Keep us posted, and keep looking for another job, protect your quit at all costs!! Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,437 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $357.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't pitch the classifieds. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 130 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
pam, that is just plain mean, i think you should go over your bosses head about the smoke free workplace law better still, keep looking in the classifieds keep strong, lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 79 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,190 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �316 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$113,517.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6490 Hours: 17

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pam - When I read your post I remember less than 20 years ago when we smoked in our offices (no windows), the agency cars, the theater, motel lobbies, etc. It's hard to believe now .... It has been smokefree workplaces, restaurants, etc in my area for over 10 years and smokefree entirely across Ontario in the last year. Good for you to keep strong! Junkies don't like Winners. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 122 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,455 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $610 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 589 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pam i hate the fact that your state has a smoke free workplace law and your boss is not complying. Maybe you could send an annoymous tip to the bylaw inspector? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 152 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,277 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $595.84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pam I think you are in the wrong job,seriously how do you work with idiots all day LOL! Phil x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 156 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,278 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �819 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What's worse is that there's a kitchen there and [b]she smokes in the kitchen!!![/b] There's supposedly no smoking ANYWHERE in the building, but she's the boss! Who's going to tell her that she can't smoke?!?! There is nobody higher than her there! So, I'm stuck! I have made small comments to select people, inquiring about it, and even the few who don't smoke say that we are the minority aand that we just have to deal with it. I'm not going to stir the waters this early in the game. I really don't want to lose my job! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 440 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,019 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1817.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all for your replies. First, let me say that my quit is by no means in danger! I wouldn't dream of giving in to the pleas of those who are still blinded by the junkie! It would take a lot more than that to make me smoke! I won't say that there's nothing that could make me smoke because to say that would be cocky and it would be me letting my guard down, which is something I refuse to do, but I will say that it would take a hell of a lot more than this! I was merely pointing out the illogic and humor in the thoughts of those who are not yet willing to end their addictions. It's frustrating, sure, but I would never dream of ending my quit over it! I guess I just wanted to vent. Thanks for letting me do that. Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 440 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,019 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1817.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19

Reading this thread: