Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Hey Gang...007 Quitters How are we feeling?

17 years ago 0 47 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Through Week 1 here, and it's starting to get better. The first few days were ROUGH - I was wondering what the heck I was thinking even bothering to stop smoking right before I started my masters' program. But, hey. I'm still here, and having some of the same issues and pluses it looks like most other people are having. I do like how white my teeth are getting!! And I've put on a few pounds, but whether that's from not smoking or the holidays, I don't know :-) I'm not gonna worry about that right now. I am looking forward to the spa date I set up after the first month, and I can't believe how much having that to look forward to has helped me! Hope everyone else is doing well! I don't post a lot, but reading everyone else's posts helps me tremendously. Regards, Hillary [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 230 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is brilliant! Well done everyone, remember all this discomfort is the poison leaving and it soon gets better. Mad Englishman [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 407 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,850 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �2035 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 66 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am feeling fantastic, but i am keeping my guard up, because nick is a sneaky you know what. Cuddles [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 325 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $57.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 277 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Monica, I live in Halifax and here there is no public smoking either (as of this past December). Good thing for me. But see, my husband smokes so he would go outside to have a cigarette and I would crave one just because I knew what he was doing. It was completely psycological and that is the hardest part for me right now. If there was smoking in the bar, I think I would have caved for sure. Karen. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 88 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 277 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I got through day 9 today and I feel really good. I too am a re-quitter and surprisingly, I am finding it much easier this time around. And now I am doing this cold-turkey! I think I was finally at a time when I was ready. Or it's the help from all you, maybe a combination of both. The only hard day I've had was when I went out drinking with friends. That was horrible, I could not stop thinking of smokes and had an awful time. I should have stayed home. But, somehow I got through that and now I know not to do it until I'm ready. I can't say I'm suffering any withdrawl symptoms....at least nothing serious. I have been going to bed earlier than usual and I am trying to keep myself active to avoid the weight gain. I've been eating a lot more fruit and vegetables than usual and I too am rewarding myself with a day at the spa at the end of the month. ;) I can't wait! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 87 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 989 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You guys are doing great! And having a name and a place for support is such a great idea. Keep the faith - we were once right where you were, and believe me, noone ever died from withdrawal, and once you are through it, you will wonderwhat took you so long! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 634 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,868 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2219 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 89 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
  • Quit Meter

$794,745.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5682 Hours: 18

Minutes: 48 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok members, Join Auntie and check in and let us know how you are doing! Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: