Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Ugh!!!! Its the bloody day in and day out of it...

17 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am very late responding. I am sorry. I just wanted to thank you all for your responses and support. I did get through this day of misery and now I'm wrapping up 2 WEEKS! When I was talking about the control issues, I worded that wrong. What I meant was that I didn't want to give up the controls to my addict. Thats what the fight was about between me and it. I kept the controls. Lady, you are very right. For the first time I am in the driver's seat with this thing and yes, it feels GREAT! In honor of getting through this first 2 weeks, I am now the proud owner of my first freshwater fish aquarium. It is so relaxing to watch them. New hobbies, a few different routines, and living my life without the smokes. Thank you all so much! Stay strong! :)Pat. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 558 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $74.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
  • Quit Meter

$95,400.90

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6028 Hours: 13

Minutes: 10 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My whole day began with the thought, "So,,, you're still at it, eh?" This is when it gets hard. I have'nt been in here much today as I was in a constant argument with my addict. I call it "The Fool". I'm a lousy passenger in a car because I don't have any control. Its that way for my quit as well. I won. I still have all 12 of my days, but I am exhausted! Its not the first 3 days or 7 days. Its about the end of Heck week or the beginning of Blah week. I know. Hense the name, right? I wish I could find a way to keep it fresh. I do realize how unrealistic that is. This, to me, is when we are really put to the test. We have to decide is it really worth it? Is this really what I want? I scream to the top of my voice (without having to cough, heh heh) "Of course it is!!!" Of course, all this talking and screaming about is going on in my head. We may have to make this decision and stick to it many times in a day. But, the point is that WE DO! Its not going to stay exciting and fulfilling like it can be in our first few days as ex-smokers. I expect I'll have more days like this one. But you know what? Knowing I did NOT give up my quit is just as fulfilling as my decision to quit. In fact, this is the best I've ever felt, mentally, with my quit. Please hang in there everyone! We can get through this! :)Pat. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 487 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
  • Quit Meter

$95,400.90

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6028 Hours: 13

Minutes: 10 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi ttin, It does get easier.. Ride the waves of the craves and do a lot of deep breathing exercises. Go for a walk when the 'crazies' kick in ..make it a long walk and if you have someone to walk with -- that's great, if not take along an ipod, discman etc. Breath in deeply .. Have to be honest this a.m. I had a touch of the 'crazies'..huge crave when I 1st got up and I just kept on moving along with breakfast, coffee and came here and kept my fingers moving along encouraging other's to keep on keepin' on. You're doing so well with your quit.. Keep strong and post often! ((((((((((hugs))))))))) Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,286 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $576 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi ttin, it does get better honestly, I was a positive witch at first you can do this lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 71 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,068 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �284 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
  • Quit Meter

$113,572.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6493 Hours: 18

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yup, you're still at it - Great! You're doing just fine! Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 155 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,331 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �465 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pat Wonderful post how true it all is!!!! I remember those first few weeks I used to dread the weekends! I was not safe driving... It does and will get better slowly.... Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 148 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,112 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �777 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep plugging away...one day at a time. It gets better. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 117 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,873 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $936 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 607 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just hang in there. You can do it and you've proven it for 12 going on 13 days. We all want to see you succeed. What you said isall true for me also. I went through all of that and never want to go through that again. Just hang out here and we all will pick you up. Hugs Kim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 210 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,258 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $850.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ttin. You said, [quote] I'm a lousy passenger in a car because I don't have any control. Its that way for my quit as well. [/quote] Guess what. For the first time you really are in control! Think about it. When we smoke, our focus is primarily on when we will have our next fix. Everything else in life is secondary. After this, I will smoke; after that, I will smoke. I don't want to go there because I can't smoke there. Remember? When we quit, we are no longer enslaved by smoking. We begin a new life that we are actually finally in CONTROL of. We begin to make choices not dictated by our addiction. We learn how to deal with emotions and with all situations without smoking. This takes a lot of practice but the more we do it, the better we become at it. You are doing great! You ARE in control. Perspective my friend. It is your perspective that will help you win this fight for your life. Congratulations on taking control of your life back from the enslavement of smoking. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 551 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,027 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1928.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pat, It looks like it is reward and relaxation time for you! You have come to a big realization and this is wonderful. You are tired and exhausted and you need to relax. Take a hot shower and get under the covers early tonight with a fresh new magazine :) Pamper yourself, you deserve it! Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: