Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

The Mad Englishman's Christmas Message (couldn't get the Queen)

17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This was wonderful...I laughed out loud at everything. I so needed to picture my holiday as this, and not the Hallmark card, perfect x-mas. We tend to strive for perfection in our lives and it's actually the imperfections that make us smile and laugh. (ok,maybe not right away...) My Christmas Eve stressor/funny happened when my son was 3 and received a new cop car with a siren and lights. He pushed it all over house for two hours straight (Oh yes he did!). I was getting nervous because he was getting pretty good at making the round from the entry way through the kitchen into the livingroom and back into the entry way in about 5.6 second's flat...when it happened...BANG into the coffee table corner...1/2 hour later at 11:30 p.m. we were in the emergency room sizing him up for his first stitches. After 1 1/2 hours and several courses of the Barney song (I love you....you love me....) he was tucked into bed with a barney bandaid and visions of sugar plums (or nightmares of men in white coats poking needles in his forehead), and I still had presents to finish wrapping. His Christmas pictures the next day were of a crabby 3 year old with a barney bandaid stuck firmly to his forehead. Imperfections are what makes life interesting!!! Goes to show...I was a smoker then...smoking didn't prevent this from happending. Life and holiday stressors goes on whether we are smoking or not. I pledge to get through it by not smoking. Stitches and all (oh, please, no stitches this year). [IMG]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q185/kaitilina/xmastree4.gif[/IMG] Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 914 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $225.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I loved it! Thanks for a great post! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 98 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,977 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $490 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brent You are uttery and totally mad! Brilliant stuff Off with his head!!!! Elizabeth 11 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 133 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �698.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I would really like to join you and your family for Christmas! You have a whole lot more fun than we do! BTW.......just what is your brother planning to do with the blow-up? I actually had NO idea you and Phil were related! What a surprise! ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 101 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,094 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $808 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post Brent. Enjoy your 2nd smoke-free Christmas! (not many of us can say that) all the best Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 309 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,291 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �2317.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brent, Be grateful. Some of us just get a bowl full of apples and a sugar lump. Do we have to address you as King Brent now? :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 308 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,260 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �2310 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hysterical Brent ! Thanks for the laughs. :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 268 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,371 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $938 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Christmas............that festive time of year........... Problem is, a number of things will conspire to make you forget your quit and give into the evil drug. You must be on your guard and look out for a sequence of events that can lead to a slip or worse.... It will start simply enough.....the realisation that you have not done any Christmas shopping and it is 4.00pm on Christmas Eve. The only shop left open has a wonderous choice at truly competitive prices :8o: Still you fight off the urge to light up....after all....the money you have saved by stopping smoking has helped to pay for that $500 trinket for your loved one......... You get home, creep upstairs, get out that industrial sized roll of wrapping paper you bought in 1994 and start wrapping. Sitting in the middle of a pile of identical sized parcels, you realise that you have forgotten to tag any of them. At this point, Aunt Ethel (93) gets the amusing blow up toy and book of Rugby songs that you hoped would get one over on your brother. After all, you opened his gift to you last year in front of the relatives and are a still embarassed beyond belief. The great day arrives and still you have not sucumbed to the evil weed. You decide to stuff the Turkey and discover that it is still frozen, in fact, it's still in the freezer.......and you aint getting the 76lb monster in a tiny microwave. The relatives arrive.......you check for breathing with a mirror as the old dears all troop in.....damned if you recognise any of them.....pretty sure that one on the end went next door last year....the really worrying thing is they have all got suitcases. There is a scream from upstairs......the wife discovers the turkey in the bath.....after she has got into the water. You still haven't even thought about smoking......this is because you are now two thirds of the way down the bottle of port.......it was the only decent present you got, the others all being socks.....all 213 pairs of them featuring Bart Simpson playing an amusing little ditty........ The Turkey is now burnt on the outside and swimming with salmonella on the inside.....you cope however by cutting slices and finishing them off in the toaster. It is only 3.00pm and you look at your bald Christmas Tree. It cost �35 per fo
17 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mr Ed.......if you were a horse......that would be a wonderful repast.............. As to calling me "King Brent"....... You can all continue to refer to me as "that fool from Nottingham" Mad Englishman [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 376 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,634 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1880 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 62 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 340 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This gave me big smiles :) So big hugs to you. Merry Christmas. Sharon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 664 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �177.54 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32

Reading this thread: