Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Smoking dreams??

17 years ago 0 79 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yeah, it sure is weird. I don't wear a patch, I am on the cold turkey plan. I hesitate to say it, but my quit has gone pretty easy. I woke up for the first two weeks about 3:00am and dosed in and out till 7:00am most days, and now a wierd dream. Other than that a few cravings that I deal with pretty well, and habbits like rolling my window down when I get in to my truck. I am very happy with the way it has gone so far and don't plan on looking back. J [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 520 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 79 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Some time during my sleep last night I had a dream that I failed and smoked not once but twice yesterday. This dream seemed so real, and I was really upset when I woke up. This morning I had to ask my girlfriend if I smoked yesterday. I was really happy when she said "No, what are you talking about?"...Never mind just a bad dream I guess. How many others has this happened to, and what was the weirdest dream? Jason [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 520 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
These dreams Jason, are quite common. I get them too and even more so when my patch is on. Isn't it nice to wake up and realize you're a non smoker? They'll fade in time. Keep up the great work. Cheers, Jan
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jason The dreams go on and on but they get less frequent.I have had such realistic horrid dreams in the early days that I would not repeat them. They do fade slowly Keep going Phil PS I hope you are not keeping patches on at night? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 127 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,674 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �666.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jbr13, As you can see this is quite common among quitters. They do pass with time. If you find them really bothersome, try focusing repeatedly on an object or scenario as you fall asleep. You may dream of that instead. Hang in there. Your mind is just playing tricks on you. Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 340 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jason I haven't experienced that on this quit but I have in previous quits. It was all so vivid and I woke up 100% certain I had smoked. Not only that but in the dream I had never even quit smoking at all - there was no relaspse - just a view into a wee parallel universe where I was a smoker!!! Don't worry about it - it's just subconsious resdiue from being a smoker and your mind is getting rid of it - it's probably a good thing. All the best Sharon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 603 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �161.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34

Reading this thread: