Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

This is hard.

17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
JULIA ROBERTS!
Hey the boots look good ,just like 'cant remember her name 'in PrettyWoman! but she is lovely!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 119 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,507 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �624.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
Like the new top you look great! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 119 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,502 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �624.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Greenette, This is completely normal!!! You're in "blah" week. For me, I think that was one of the tougher weeks because in the beginning, you're so psyched! You're so proud! You're spending all your time learning and reading what others write and meeting new friends, that you almost forget that you quit smoking! And then, it's like... "now what?" And you start to feel depressed. You think that you should be "over" this addiction by now, but you're not! Well, this is completely normal! YEARS of smoking will not be undone by a few weeks of not smoking. It sounds to me like you really need a reward. When's the last time you rewarded yourself? Rewards are EXTREMELY important to the quit process. They help boost our dopamine levels that get deprived when quitting and make us feel good about our quits again. Give yourself a nice reward for all of the hard work you've been doing these last 16 days! Rewards don't have to be expensive... they just have to be things that we really enjoy that will make us feel good. Hang in there! Those 16 days look great on you! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 401 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,044 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1656.13 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are thinking about is because you are on day 16. And it can be very hard at times. You want a cig cuz you're still mentally attached to the way you used to do things (in your smoking life). It will ease off - but that takes time and dedication from you. Make sure you are taking good care of yourself, staying busy and if you have smoking thoughts, it's normal and just remind your "mind" that you don't smoke anymore. Stay focused on the benefits of being a non-smoker and stick close to your friends who support you the best. Which means you can come here..... take good care ~ CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 253 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,316 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $885.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0

Reading this thread: