Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,680 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD, kybrg

Saying goodbye :(

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ParrotLady, Never hesistate to reach out if you need support or just a little encouragement. You've helped so many during your own journey. We would jump at the chance to return the favor :) Keep strong! Maybe today should include a reward for staying smoke free? Be proud of those 50 days! You're doing it! We're cheering you on! Danielle __________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Monica, I am proud of you for staying strong during this difficult time. Lean on us for support. We will do our best to help you through. Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 607 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Monica sweetie! Maybe it wasn't a mistake that you used the thumbs up. Your dad is finally healthy again and so definitely in a better place dear. Please remember to take care of yourself and let me know if I can finally lend my shoulder to someone. Hugs Kim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 182 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,566 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $737.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Monica, My heart goes out to you. This could have been me 3 years ago, except with my Dad, it was the bowel not the lung and he didn't smoke. He would be celebrating his 79th birthday today. Perhaps this was my first wake up call - seeing the reality of cancer for the first time. He would be proud of me now, I think. I'm sure your dad is proud of you. take care Mr Ed [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 293 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,805 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �2197.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 48 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Monica, I send you my extra blessings and strength - you have had tough times and have managed to defy the odds and keep your quit and hang on through storms. I wish things were not so terrible and will say some extra prayers for you & your family. CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 253 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,316 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $885.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Monica, my deepest sympathy to you and yours.... it's hard to find the right words, but I think just the fact that you are focusing on the wonderful things about Dad and remembering the happy times and special person he was makes you smile even when you feel like crying. Love conquers all, and is powerful over death. We recognize having something by losing something. The memory of loved ones is something that never goes away. It's hard to carry one sometimes, but that's what we do... He is smiling down on you and is proud of his daughter. We sure are. You take care sweety. Extra Blessings Lots of Hugz CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 256 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,366 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $896 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Monica58 - I am sending the warmest, biggest hug to you... Hold on tight right now, dear one... Wrap yourself up in your own love and compassion and take good care of you right now as you say goodbye to your dad... I know how hard this must be... I feel your pain and I send my love and protection to you... I am holding your other hand, friend... Stay as close as you can to us here - there is so much love and support here for you. We're right here with you now, and we will be here for you later as well... You are not alone... Blessings, Love and Light- Healer xox [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 274 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,593 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1274.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Monica you're doing so well. It is really hard to accept the end of life scenerio. My dad passsed away 5 years ago Alzheimers complications. Did I see the two dads setting up a game of pinocle? Well they are in a better place and you will surely be busy now making arrangements, etc. So proud of you not smoking and you have so many good friends here helping you along. I'm not the best writer but there are sure a lot of compassionete people here. Keep us posted. judy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 276 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,194 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $552 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Monica, My most heartfelt sympathy to you and your family. You're a very strong lady, with determination to hold on to you quit. My thoughts and prayer are with you and your family. You have such special memories and they will be a blessing to you. So keep your mind on the good times, and know that your father will always be with you in spirit. Also, remember how proud he is of you. Talking about him will also help, don't hold your emotions in. I know what it feels like to loose a father,mother,husband (lung cancer),son, grandson, and a sister. All with in the past two years, I know that the thoughts keep running through your head and crying is a great release of the stress. Just keep doing your breathing exercises. I have a feeling you are going to be one of the great quitters. Stay strong and keep believing in yourself. Be blessed, Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 336 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,713 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1176 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 48 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$230,024.81

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6399 Hours: 8

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MOnica Pranayama - Extra Gentle Yoga has some very good and easy/gentle breathing exercises. If you do a google search you can find the web site for the studio in Portland Oregon. My thoughts are with you. Keep looking to the loving intervention you are creating in your life. Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 291 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,293 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2328 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9

Reading this thread: