Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Feeling out of the Loop - is this natural progression?

17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy, Coming from a newbie, your posts are inspirational and much needed ecspecially by the newbies....your experience can only be obtained by going through the quit process to get to the point that your at right now. Don't ever think that your not needed! We need you and your wisdom, and hopefully we will be able to return the favor if you ever need us. If your struggling, please post....it helps me to help others!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 603 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $148.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I read your post quick and I don't have much time. (Gotta go back to work). I check in every day. Last night our server was down and when I couldn't get online I get alittle edgey! Still hangin in there. I can't add you to my IM, there are too many windy's to select from. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,016 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $238.52 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Folks - I'm noticing a general change in the room which I expect is quite common. There are fewer and fewer posts from the people who quit around the same time as me....And there are lots of amazing new quitters who have developed a phenomenal support system for each other. I guess it's more common to post often at the beginning of our quits....but I guess i'm feeling kinda like the old soldier replaced by the new recruits. I am really missing hearing from some of those people that were in the trenches with me. I'm also abit hesitant to post. I think that we expect people to have lots of questions/difficult times at the beginning of their quit. Sometimes I feel guilty if I think of posting about a problem or concern because I worry that it will be discouraging for those who have few days. I suppose it's natural that most people move on as they get further in their quits...I'm just feeling a teeny wheeny bit like I'm missing my old buds. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,656 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $410 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
Thanks you guys - It's always good to hear from every single one of you. Each person has been important to my quit in a different way. I think perhaps I'm in transition. I am past the desperate but excited phase at the beginning of my quit (I alternated between feeling like a superhero or thinking I was going to die.) I haven't quite hit the "Inspiring" phase (I hope that part comes soon...the part where I am calm, and smart and inspiring) So here I sit in "Limbo" phase....waiting waiting for those inspiring thoughts to pop into my brain! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,676 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $415 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
Thanks you guys....every single one of you. It was nice to see all those familiar names and to hear from some new bright lights too. I appreciate all the caring words and, honestly, I've always felt appreciated and have been treated with kindness and respect. You are right, Coben, everybody moves on when it's "time". Qutting is probably one of the hardest and most amazing things that we can do. It is exciting and terrifying at the same time. Through life, there are always those special people who share those difficult experiences with us and they always remain "special" or important in our lives. My SCC friends were/are the important people that have helped me through this challenging experience. As in my other life (the one that exists outside the internet), these friends are really important to me. I truly believe that I am just in another phase and, while I will never give up SCC, it is time to "live" my life as a non-smoker. However, I only promise to do this if you guys keep posting to keep me inspired, educated and above all amused (and that means YOU gonna, Phil et al!!) Thanks all Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 84 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,697 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $420 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Its funny Windy, I've been noticing the same thing. In fact, I was looking for some posts from you and didn't find many. Pleeeeaaase don't go anywhere!!!!! I need to see you here. I'll be posting, hopefully on a regular basis, now that I've come clean and said I've been smoking. Quit date now Jan.1/07, this time with Zyban as well as the patch. Both doc and pharmacist agreed this should be my plan. I'll never give up and starting Jan. 1 I'll really be needing your help. So glad to answer your post, Windy!!!! Cheers, Jan
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy, Just sayin hi. I don't post often anymore. I am here at 4 times a week though. I get overwhelmed with all the new names. So I just pick threw the titles and who I know.....I know that is awful, but it is hard to respond to everything. I give props to the ones who do, but I can't.... Hang in there, you are doing great. Not too far from 100 whaooo... Grace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 118 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,371 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $472 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy, I completely know how you feel! I have gone through that several times, and it's hard to see people fade off... you hope they're still smoke free, but wonder if maybe they've relapsed, but most of all just miss having them around! Yes, I know that feeling, and believe me that you're NOT alone in feeling that. I have found that the best way to get over that is to exchange email and/or IM addresses with a few of them through the SSC IM (when they do get a chance to log in to give them to you) and then you can keep in touch with them that way. You might not see them here on the boards as much, but at least you can keep in touch outside of the SSC if you want to. As for posting, don't EVER feel that you can't post! If you're going through a problem and feel that you need to post about it, then do it! You're at 82 days, and that's awesome, but you will still have days of difficulty from time to time, and if you ever feel that your quit is in jeapordy, then post!!! And even if your quit isn't in jeapordy, but you have a question related to quitting or just want to post something, then do it! We're ALWAYS here to help! Keep up the awesome quit! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 400 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,020 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1652 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy Oh, please don�t feel the way. You have done real well and while 82 days is very good, I would not yet call myself an old soldier. Your posts have been great so keep on doing it. You have a lot charisma which is what the people need. I have seen most of my companions go, however I linger to inspire, although not certain of the effects anymore, the feedback is infrequent so it is difficult to gage; I�m over 300 days and I hear what you are saying. Hang on and continue with your quit. Continue to bring smiles to all here; just be Windy. And your feedback is, you are well liked, needed, charismatic and have very interesting and inspiring posts. Just find a forum to post and get in there and do it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 315 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,737 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1653.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 58 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy You do recognize that you have the innate ability to compose. And as an added bonus, your are smart ,clever and all those other good qualities. Build it, they will come! Best regards Stick to it

Reading this thread: