Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

The ?Just One? Lie

17 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, Pam... I'm printing out and posting your "just one" comment. I'm going to carry that little gem with me! Man, who knew! I've never been in a support group. I had no idea the wisdom I'd find! I see why so many of you are successful non-smokers. Man... I WANT THIS! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 33 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh my Butterfly! You pass on such wisdom, so much enlightenment and your words cut through straight to my soul. I thank you so much for all of your words in all of your posts. You give even the most seasoned non smoker inspiration. You are one terrific person :) (((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))) Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 613 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $270 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It seems as though nearly post I have read today has been of somebody asking if they can have �just one� � whether it be �just one puff� or �just one cigarette� or �just one day.� Smoking is smoking. One is too many and 1,000 is never enough! You are either quit or you are not. If I kill �just one� person, does that make me a murderer? If I rob �just one� bank, does that make me a thief? (On a less severe note) If I have �just one� child, does that make me a parent? Then why is smoking any different? We are ALL addicts here! Nicotine is one of the most addictive drugs there is! Smoking �just one� is the single most dangerous thing you can do to yourself and your quit� because �just one� is NEVER �just one!� If you�re thinking that �just one� won�t hurt, think again! Better yet, think something else! If you relish the idea of having a cigarette, and you keep thinking about how wonderful �just one� would be, then you need to consciously turn your mind to something else� because often, thinking about smoking obsessively leads to smoking. So try to think about your reasons for quitting. Think about how you will feel after you smoke that quit-ending cigarette. Think of the guilt that you will feel when you have to tell your loved ones that you blew it. Think about how you will feel when the doctor tells you that you have 6 months to live. But DON�T think about how great that cigarette will be! I guarantee you that it will NOT be great! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 397 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,941 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1639.61 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pam, I'm going to have just one... Just one Quit. Because just one is all I need. I won't need another. Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 290 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,720 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �2175 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 48 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pam OH YES! I want just one! Just one more day to live, just one more month to tell my family how much I love them, just one more hour to be with the bliss of being married and in love, just one more chance to not inflict a deadly disease on myself. Yes I want just one. One more chance to live my life and take care of my body, my lungs. Just one more please. Just one more chance I promise. Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 285 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,142 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2280 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Why play with fire? Don't give in and see that you can make it and we can help you through :) Keep those stats in check and pushing forward!

Reading this thread: