Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Nearly 3 weeks!

17 years ago 0 54 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks guys! It's nice that some of us have quit on the same day. :) Thanks Sharon(McLaughlin), What you said makes good sense. I shall try to do that. :) I think a lot of people who don't know what it's like to give up think that by now it shouldn't be so hard. But when the crave comes it can seem very hard, because of length of time since the last bad urge for one. Congrats to you to Kaitilina and Everyone!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 513 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �110 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 54 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I haven't been on here for a while but just wanted to let you know that I still haven't had one and I've thought of you at times going through the same feelings. With the money I saved I bought an i pod and now to help me keep moving in the day instead of sitting around moping and grieving (because lets face it that is what we are doing, even if we know that what we are missing isn't any good for us at all) I put my i pod on and dance around while I do all my work! It really helps, the exercise sends off happy hormones and the music blots out any cravings. I went out for a meal tonight for the first time. A birthday celebration. At times I found it hard but I have to say no craving I have had is as bad as going through those first few days. Now I am starting to realise that I'm not going to have a cigarette again but I worry that I am still missing it and not sure how I can find another feeling to replace it with. I don't know if anyone can understand what I'm trying to get at, lol. Take care everyone and good luck. You guys really helped me in the first few days, I thank you so much. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 496 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �104.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Exile. I'm right there with you. We are on our way. One week, one day and sometimes one hour at a time. Congrats to you!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 450 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $110 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think the third week is really underrated for difficulty and frustration. It was every bit as bad as my second week, but then, no two people are alike, I know. Things really started to calm down for me in the last week or so -- it's right around the corner! peteg [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,427 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $154 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are not alone as far as quit dates goes....It's mine....kaitilina..and sparky's to name a few..There must be something strong about that day! welcome aboard [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 398 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $87.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi exile, great to see you those stats are looking good keep up the good work lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 511 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �136 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
  • Quit Meter

$113,570.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6493 Hours: 16

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Give it time and your brain will begin to make its own good happy chemicals again. There will come a day when you don't need smoking anymore. QM [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 837 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $164 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good job! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,021 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $640 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Exile, Thanks for checking in and congrats on 19 days! This feeling is normal and will pass as you continue to reap the benefits of your quit and enjoy your new found freedom. Social situations can be tough, try to create a new normal for yourself. Replace that cigarette with something else. A dessert, a really nice glass of wine or another type of reward at the end of the night to look forward to. Keep strong. Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 340 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Exile Well you are doing really good - 19 days is brilliant and good for you on treating yourself to the ipod. That's on my list too. You are also passing milestones - out for a meal for the first time and staying smoke free - congratulations - that's worth celebrating in itself. You talk about wanting to have another feeling to replace missing cigarettes. Well - pick a feeling. How would you like to feel about this quit? Happy, excited, strong - whichever - choose a few if that suits. Then practice that feeling - do things that will generate that feeling. For example when I want to feel more upbeat I'll play music and dance round my living room. When I want to relax I'll shut down all noise and hear the silence and what my body is saying. Practice, practice practice. You can take control of how you feel - it's just practice for the most part. Keep going - you're doing so well. All the best Sharon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 444 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �118.36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16

Reading this thread: