Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

My cravings are still so strong .....

17 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Quittime, I have a hard time on the weekends too. I find that you have to keep yourself busy. Last weekend I cleaned my car to a spotless shine. Then after that you go back to work and don't have to worry for another five days. By then things are easier. I also go out to my car on my breaks. I'm one of those guys that will smoke if I get bored. Now I always have something to do. So my advice is clean a car, a house, and when your done you can come over to my house and clean. Lol. Your doing great Quittime, keep it up. Joe, [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 454 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $180 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Qittime: I don't have time to read your post and all the responses. I live in the real world. I'm on day 5. Check in with me tomorrow. I'm looking to others for support. Let's do it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 79 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi quittime, congrats on getting through hell week it does get easier, i promise keep up the good work lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 511 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �136 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
  • Quit Meter

$113,542.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6492 Hours: 0

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Quittime - Wow...another binge smoker. I never smoked before 3 in the afternoon but I could easily finish a pack between the end of the work day and bedtime. My first weekend, I lost it....smoked all day saturday, and stayed up smoking until 2:30 in the morning on Sunday. I quit on the Monday...and I'm still here. In some ways, we binge smokers are lucky. We are already used to going through many parts of our day without smoking. Fortunately, many parts of our day are not associated with smoking and it is easier to get through the day. The bad part is that we probably have major psychological/emotional issues related to cigarettes....so we have to deal with our messed up thinking. We have to learn new ways to reward ourselves, to deal with stress and to deal with boredom. Today was a nasty day for me............so it wasn't a good example....but yes, in general, it does get easier. We learn to replace smoking with other activities (ie. gym, reading a good book or watching t.v. in bed, walks, posting on scc, etc) Welcome to SCC and good luck! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 76 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,538 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $380 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, Quittime, it will get better, day by day! Hang in there! :) You wrote: "...my main stress relief is to drink red wine and smoke." Before quitting, my main stress relief was C&C, ie. Coffee & Cigarettes! Now, after 3 months of quitting, I still enjoying coffee, and it tastes much better without cigarettes! :) Cheers, nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 938 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $465 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Quittime I still have struggles but use 2 mg gum when I get a nasty crave ,it works! A pack of 30 pieces lasts me about 2 weeks so I am chewing around 2 pieces per day (Better than 20 smokes) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 111 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,335 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �582.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome quittime, Glad that you decided to stop by, plan on making this your quit home. First off if you haven't already done so, work the "Quit Program Tools" on the left of this web site and spend some time looking over some of the posts here under the "Forum Topics". Begin by identifying the triggers that made you binge, and learning about coping tools such as self talk, distraction, smoking substitutes to help fend off those very nasty craves. You can make this work as long as you know down deep, that this is what you have to have. Hope this helps get you started.
17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all so much for your comments. Even I'm surprised by how much it is helping. I'm not as unique as I thought. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 244 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
  • Quit Meter

$255,788.54

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5898 Hours: 7

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This week was really really hard for me. I've smoked approsx a pack/day for 29years and I have to quit . I have developed a smokers cough and there are many occasions wen I'm doing presentations I have to stop and cough. I've always been a closet smoker and people I work with think I have allergies/constant cold. I call myself a binge smoker. I can go all day without a smoke and than have a pack in one night . my main stress relief is to drink red wine and smoke. All week I felt strong and determined. This weekend however was hell. I started craving early saturday evening and it didn't subside until late Sunday morning. I'm so afraid that if the cravings stay this strong on weekends I'll eventually give in. Am I abnormal to have such strong cravings at this point? any advise would be helpfull. OR even knowing that others felt the same and eventually it got better!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 226 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

$255,788.54

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5898 Hours: 7

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Quittime, Yes. It absolutely gets easier with everyday added to that meter. Try distractions and/or substitutions for those cigarettes throughout your daily routines and reward yourself often for staying smoke free. Keep persevering! Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: