Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Day 14 coming to an end....Some Thoughts from a newbie....

17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Soooo sorry, a small typo from the above post....I meant "Erratic" mood swings...not "erotic".......LOL...sorry if I offended anybody! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 300 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $71.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well day 14 is coming to end. Some thoughts from the past 2 weeks of not smoking: Everyone in my family is still present and accounted for...nobody was killed and no bodies were hidden. Nobody is getting any psychological counseling because of my erotic mood swings the first three days, and I have made nice nice with the sock basket from hell. All family members are being supportive (except for the occasional, let's get mom's goat teasing session) This is good. I have purchased many rewards for myself including: Lavender sugar scrub, one CD for my car, one car air freshner, two magazines, and one book, and three boxes of tea...ok, so I'm spending more in rewards than I might have in cigs....but I'm worth it.... Health wise: I can smell and taste better already. I'm sleeping like a log through the night, my smoker's cough is completely gone (I was coughing all day and all night before I quit). Ok, not to be gross, but I am occasionally through out the day getting rid of the gunk in my lungs. It's really really disgusting, but it's not associated with a cough, it's more of a clearing of the throat event, ecspecially after I shower. I've read in these pages that this is very good...so I'm happy. My complexion is a really big change. I don't have bags under my eyes or the dark circles. My husband noticed this right away. I'm not out of breath after climbing a flight of stairs, and I'm contemplating starting an easy exercise routine this week. I was afraid to do this before because let's face it, we would have a cig before exercising, then immediately following exercising and honestly I was afraid of having a heart attack..I don't have that fear now. I will start out slowly. Mentally: I like being a non-smoker, even though I feel as though a good friend has died and I'm in mourning. Like with any death, I have to go through all the firsts. First car ride with no cig, first break at work with no cig, first large meal with no cig after words. I'm over most of these every day triggers at this point in time, but future trigger's, first thanksgiving, first christmas...first New Year's Eve (oh how they will be missed New Years), and I'm sure there will be other "firsts" where the craving will hit, and I will have to be strong. Time and det
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Kait! Stick with the "erotic mood swings".. I LOVED THAT! I was laughing hysterically and thinking>>> "Why isn't that happening to me..I want SOME of THAT!" Your feelings in your post rang so true for me and am sure for so many other's ! You're an inspirational woman filled with much strength and fortitude to keep on moving forward in your quit! Congrats on 2 weeks and Kait.. Keep on rewarding yourself! You're SO worth it! :) Here's a little gift for you... [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/smopenrose.gif[/IMG] Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 416 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $180 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Right there with ya, sis!!!! I remember the beginning of this journey we were full of anticipation, fear, etc...Now look at the confidence level!!! I mean you can tell us about your "erotic mood swings"!! ...Happy 2 week b-day....--Kevin [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 275 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $59.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
well done kait, you made it through the first 2 weeks it gets easier from here on in you are doing really well lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 414 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �108 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

$113,570.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6493 Hours: 14

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kaitlina, No apology needed for regarding the erotic mood swings. That was the best laugh of the day for me! QM [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 716 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Geesh Kait - When everybody hears about those "Erotic" mood swings, they'll all be wanting to quit...(We were trying to keep that one a secret) So glad all bodies are accounted for and you are doing so well! Congrats on 2 weeks! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,416 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $350 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 607 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Erotic mood huh lol. Kaitiline, you are doing absolutely wonderful. I'm so glad I met you and that we keep in touch expecially during a bump in the road. You will make it through yet another week!! Come the beginning of the year, you will be stronger than when you first quit. Hugs to you Kim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 166 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,166 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $672.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kaitilina, Congrats on 2 weeks quit! This is fantastic and we are so glad that you shared this great journey with us. You are doing well and know that your support and knowledge is essential for you and other members :) Your looking great! Keep Strong, Josie ______________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: