Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Cigarettes in my glove compartment....

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
And I didn't care...In fact, they are my hubbies and I think I saw them in there afew weeks ago and then I forgot about them. I brought those stale old smokes in and gave them to him...but, the great thing is, that I can find cigarettes hidden away and I do not think about smoking them. The last couple days have been nasty and I have been cranky but, I have to admit, sometimes I was nasty and cranky even before I quit. If I expected that quitting smoking would turn me into a gentle, kind spirit who never had bad days...I was sadly misled...but if I expected that quitting smoking could make me stronger and more confident...I think I'm on my way there....... I think sometimes I miss that feeling of relief that I thought smoking gave me at the end of the day....but it has been suggested that I could just go out and buy shoes that at 2 sizes too small and that I will get the same sense of relief when I took them off after a bad day with no significant health risks and no embarrassment/stigma except that I might walk a little funny. Today I got up and went to 7 a.m. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE UPPPPPPPPP aerobics and I felt great! Life is full of ups and downs........but so much better to do it smoke-free! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,318 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $325 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:) Good job. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,467 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $552 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy, Good job! Your most definitely getting stronger by the day and with each test passed. Try to incorporate a new routine that will you provide that relief at the end of the day. Something you do entirely for yourself that can help soothe and relax you. Keep persevering, you're doing great! Danielle ____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy Glad to hear you are on your way! You have a great quit going and you are developing strength each day. Stay Strong. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 271 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,799 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2168 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ah Windy~U almost got me ;) U go girl! Buy shoes!~lol Great read :) I think you are doN super good! *hugz* [color=blue][font=Tahoma]All the best~[/color] [img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6922/n3us.gif[/img][size=3][color=blue]2[/color][/size][img]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2344/k6ob.gif[/img][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 452 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,963 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2260 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 42 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Feels good doesn't it Windy? You are making progress. Yaaaa Hoooo! Buy shoes, buy clothes, buy bubble bath.. buy whatever you want because you don't smoke and you are worth it! Congratulations [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 502 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,058 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1757 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's great. Keep it up! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 254 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,902 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2159 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
  • Quit Meter

$99,946.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9153 Hours: 10

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 319 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Windy, It sounds like You have a marvelous attitude towards Your Quit, Don't lose it, hopefully its contegious, You know Windy, That Aerobics is one great way to relieve stress and tension from everyday life, I quit smoking on here 3 1/2 years on this site, and I myself took up walking everyday if possible like 2 to 3 miles aday, and now its just a normal thing to do everyday, just like getting out of bed, But don't forget to eat healthy, for You only have one life to give Your love one's, Congrats on those 65 day smoke free, and it only gets better, Smokeless In Oklahoma :)
  • Quit Meter

$26,901.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 885 Hours: 15

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: