Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Chantix anyone?

17 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I set the date for Jan 12th after starting on Chantix. I have been smoking about 4 cigars last year and a half. On Jan 9th (about 1 week into the treatment), i lost the cravings. So, been smoke free for 36 hours. I will continue on chantix 1mg for the next 1 month or so. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/10/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am also taking Chantix and am so happy that i decided to take it!! I want to let everyone know how great it is and how much of a help it has been for me. I was just wondering how long you stayed on it and also did you get really bad nausea every time you took it? Just would like some feed back from others that have taken it- thank you!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good luck with your new quit date!!! I started taking chantix three weeks ago and have been smoke free now for a full three days- i am on my 4th day today! The drug absolutely amazes me, plus this time i am determined to stay away from the nicotine. It took me longer than they say to actually not want cigarettes, well i actually didnt want the cigarettes but hung on to them like a crutch. I made the decision to not buy a pack and to see how it went and surprisingly i found myself getting through an entire morning and work day without wanting a cigarette- so i figured it i could go that far, i was going to go the rest of the day and i did, and i am still alive!!! I feel great, no withdraw, occasional desires to have one, but if i take a few deep breaths it goes away. I honestly can not say enough good things about this drug- one thing though that continues to happen to me is nausea whenever i take the pill- it doesnt matter if i have a full breakfast or nothing, it just gets me every time that i take it, but it goes away within five to ten minutes- small price to pay when compared to what nicotine actually does to your body. I wish you a lot of luck- keep focused and remember the reason for you truly wanting to stop this time- it really is mind over matter- the cigarettes dont really help us at all!!! Good luck!! Good luck with your new quit date!!! I started taking chantix three weeks ago and have been smoke free now for a full three days- i am on my 4th day today! The drug absolutely amazes me, plus this time i am determined to stay away from the nicotine. It took me longer than they say to actually not want cigarettes, well i actually didnt want the cigarettes but hung on to them like a crutch. I made the decision to not buy a pack and to see how it went and surprisingly i found myself getting through an entire morning and work day without wanting a cigarette- so i figured it i could go that far, i was going to go the rest of the day and i did, and i am still alive!!! I feel great, no withdraw, occasional desires to have one, but if i take a few deep breaths it goes away. I honestly can not say enough good things about this drug- one thing though that continues to happen to me is nausea whenever i take the pill- it doesnt matter if i have a ful
17 years ago 0 247 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
trailbum I am glad to here that chantix is working for you because I just started it this morning. My quit date is January 14th. I work in a pharmacy and we have been getting a pretty good feed back. I joined the group for the second time tonight. I let my quard down after 3 years and went right back to smoking. Like you I tried everything from the patch to acupuncture. I quit cold turky with this group 4 years ago. Hope to keep in touch Jenine
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I didn't care for Chantix' site either TB. That is a tidy sum! Martha, it's pretty good, takes the cravings away BIG TIME and there's. I did get very sick on it the first week but I stuck it out. It's by far the best thing I've tried and I've tried pretty much everything. Maire [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 148 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm also on Chantix and it's amazing. I did my research before taking it (though it's really new to the market). I did get sick week one and I'm having the wildest dreams (they're quite fun actually). I can't say enough good things about it. It's not a miracle drug but after being on every product out there, gum, patch, inhaler, it is by far the best AID (it's only a tool) for me. The second best is the SUPPORT I'm getting here (and at home and from my friends and family). I finally reached out and asked for help, told everyone I was quitting for good this time so that I can't fail - I hate to be embarrassed ;) Also, it is expensive, yes, but for me and my husband, we're actually saving $400 a month using it! WTG Pfizer! I even called Chantix to ask them a zillion quesions (or Pfizer's support line), they were quite helpful too. Many doctors don't even know about it in my little circle of friends, I'm telling all my smoking friends about it. Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 118 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chantix...the best product I have ever used. Expensive? Depends on how much you spend for cigarettes in a month...Chantix for me is less expensive!! It stopped the nagging cravings I had trying to go cold turkey, Zyban, or Wellbutrin. I thnk it also made me forget to light up sometimes. When I remembered to light up...I also remembered I was quitting!! I would think...do you want to smoke? No, I need something to eat or I need some water or something else. Just don't smoke...wait...2 min...1 hour...1 day/1week/1month/3months/1year......................auntdeb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 494 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $48.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MARIA, Glad to hear CHANTIX WORK FOR YOU. Cause that is what Igoing to try. If thing that will help me let me known. I been smoker for 3o yrs. Thanks, martha
17 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good on you Trailbum!Can't wait til I'm 40 0dd days, I'm going cold turkey, as I tried Zyban and Wellbutin, and all the other stuff, didn't hear of your medication though, but you're right, you get the craving anyway, so may as well deal with it. Congrats on that sweet smell and all that loot! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,110 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $426.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 318 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 106 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,344 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1060 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37

Reading this thread: