Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

I am dropping...

17 years ago 0 99 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats! keep going strong!
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm tickled too! How's that patch doing? Not craving a cigarette..just a little fun! Promise I'll be back to whine again when it's my turn to drop. I am very good at whining...I think there should be an award for the person who can whine the most days in a row. Speaking of whining...they should have spell check in this room...wanted to say "consecutively" but the spelling part of my brain is malfunctioning. Keep up the good work Gonna! I'm so happy for you I might even stop whining for a whole hour! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 258 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
Hello There Gonna - glad to hear that patch experiment is going well. Not quite so down today. Yesterday, I went to gym, drug store and bank and then decided that maybe I would REWARD myself with a new pair of shoes (that I need but have been too cheap to buy) Well...as I'm trying on my 3rd pair, the cell phone goes off. Hubby is impatiently waiting for me at home because he wants to go to a fair and look at ANVILS. I'm thinking "Anvils...I don't want to look at Anvils...anvils are a sucky reward...and anyway...hubby is supposed to be busy watching fishing shows" I came home and he decided that he didn't want to go and see anvils anymore. SHEESH! Today, I woke up and thought that it was time to be more positive and that I WOULD GO AND LOOK AT ANVILS....skipped the gym, showered and got dressed and it started to POUR RAIN!! Fall fairs are no fun in the rain. But......we did go to mall and to the dollar store and I did buy a new pair of jeans. (They are great - they fit nice and slim - well not that slim because I am still inside them - but they HAVE some spandex in them so they are nice and comfy too) Then went to the gym anyway so I could shower again! Isn't this a pathetically boring story...but here I am, much happier than yesterday, wearing my "spandex" jeans. (Geeeeeeeeesh - I hope not too many read this post and discover how my mind works - do they have mafia that boot people with the most mindless stories??) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 275 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
Hi Gonna Woke up this morning and the first thought that entered my mind was "I hope that Gonna is okay". I'm glad the sun is shining and you still aren't smoking. I remember reading a post about how sometimes we used cigarettes to "swallow" feelings of frustration. I guess maybe when the cigarettes are gone, those issues that drive us bonkers hit us square in the forehead and we can't just smoke em away. When I was growing up, women did all the housework and men did all the farmwork. On Sundays, I worked at a restaurant all day (and it was ALWAYS busy). My Dad and brother didn't work on Sundays. After supper, i was expected to get up and do dishes while my Dad and brother went down to watch t.v. (I've told my Mom that I still haven't forgiven her for this) My brother learned from this and when he first got married, he was useless around the house. Now I see that he is a great Dad (very involved in coaching baseball/hockey, etc which my Dad didn't do), he helps get meals ready and does dishes. Unfortunately, it still means my poor sister-in-law does 80 percent of the housework i think. Unfortunately, most of the men in our generation, learned at a time when all women stayed at home (geesh - Homec books in the 50's still said that you should have nice bath and put a fresh dress on before your husband came home .... then not complain about anything because his day was worse than yours - WHO THE HECK WROTE THAT BOOK!!) Right now, you are doing so well at your quit (even during such rotten times). Right now, the quit is the most important thing. Division of household labour may be the next thing on your agenda. Please take care of yourself Gonna. May the sun shine on you all day! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 307 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
Hi Gonna - It sure sounds like you had one H***lluva day! I am sending you big fat CANADIAN hugs! Our hugs are bigger and fatter because it is very cold here. I wish I could bring you to meet my sister-in-law's because we spend at least an hour of the evening discussing why men are so stupid. Of course, they look at us and wonder how we could possibly be so stupid that we would think that it would be fun to laugh and cry....last time we had a toast to my cat that had died (Maureen made the toast and she doesn't even LIKE cats) and then we all had a good cry. Men walk in, confused, worried - cannot imagine how this could possibly be fun! For you guys out there - we usually get around the the point where we also discuss all the things that we love about our hubbies and why we are so lucky (but that's for another time). I agree that it's probably important for your kids to know that it is a very difficult time for you and that sometimes when you are angry/upset it doesn't have anything to do with them. Then...........after you have done that, it time to look after Gonna...because you are such a sweetheart and you are going through such a rough time right now. I wish I could reach out and make everything better. Just remember how much we love you! Think of Jan (This too shall pass) and Marie (One day at a time), and please take very good care of Gonna! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 298 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
Hi Gonna - so glad you made it through the day. Have to admit that today was the first time that I had to deal with external stress. I had a meeting with a Professional who has a history of treating me in a condescending matter. She was not in agreement with an issue and I knew that she was going to be EXTREMELY difficult to deal with. I ranted to my coworker in the morning, ranted to my hubby at lunch and then went to the meeting. (It took 2 mins - no problems - over and done with!) First step in learning how to deal with stress (Windy - Do not catatrphize!) However, the last couple days have made me realize that I need a whole new set of tools in my coping bag. I have found that things stress me out more than they used to. (ie this type of meeting would bother me usually I would figure well - it's her issue, rant a little and go on) I seem to be a little more skeered of confrontation/disagreements? Is this normal? I used to feel awful everytime someone was upset at the beginning my career, but developed much thicker skin as years went on. I really don't want to start taking responsibility for other people's issues again (I have enough of my own) I seem to have lost some of my confidence! Ooops! Forgetting this is Gonna's post! BTW Marie - not sure that I would go to the dollar store for the fancy jeans, although you can find a lovely selection of plastic butterflies and cheap underpants! I would suggest you go to the other store for those "Spandex" jeans! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 295 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 48 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Gonna..........I'm right behind you. I go down on Tuesday and I'm psyching myself up and preparing myself. I can understand the 'taking it slow' approach...........very wise. No need to rush...the most important thing is to protect the quit and give ourselves the best possible chance we can. If you have any thoughts or tips as you go along on this patch reducing business.....PLEASE share.... I smiled a little smile when you forgot your meter and then put it up. I've done that a couple of times and realised how much I have come to love that little meter.....and like showing it off. Savvvy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 259 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $96 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh Gonna. I know those days. Yesterday was one of them. You'll get through the day, and by tonight you'll be letting out a sigh of relief. PMS has way of playing havoc on a quit. Sometimes, I find anyway, when I play things forward in my mind, there usually worse than the real thing. So be extra good to yourself today, and you'll be smilin' before the day is through!!! Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 430 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $126 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 589 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on dropping down gonnadoit!! I dropped down today too from 14 to 7.....and I absolutely know what you are talking about with PMS....makes the quit that much more difficult! And I totally understand about dinner....after working all day and my boyfriend being off he says is supper going to be ready soon I need to take a nap!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,255 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $172.48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you Gonna!! Great job, be very proud. :D Leolibra N.O.P.E. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 530 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $145 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26

Reading this thread: