Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

Thank you All...

17 years ago 0 589 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kate, I had a really hard time around the same time where you are at. About day 18, 19 and 20 I was mean and miserable. A customer asked me where his newspaper went when i was at work one day and I almost yelled at him. Just know that it will get better and smoking isn't going to help because then you'll be angry at yourself for that. Just blame it on PMS...lol. Hope you feel better soon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 907 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $125.44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m180/princessceleste_2006/thlips2.gif[/IMG] Wow Kate... Did you notice your stats??? you have 3 big fat weeks YES 3 BIG FAT WEEKS wooo hooo - way to go You have so many things to be proud of sweet Kate, focus on the postitives in your life, write a list about all the wonderful things in your life past and present, then write a list of all the things you want to do and dream big!! I am so glad you got your results back and they were fine. When i quit smoking i think up to the 4th week i would get bursts of frustration and i would have to step back, take a breath, think about things then move on. I wish there was something i could do to help you a little more Kate. I hope the rest of your day is filled with lots of laughter, love and sunshine. Smile sweet Kate, life is good and you dont smoke. PrincessC :) x
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I read all your posts again and again! Thank you so much.Thank you for being here. Starting with the results of my thyroid-everything is under control.So i can't blame my hormones for my anger. I can blame my luck,my negative attitude for life, my non-effort to do something, my lack of nicotine! Yes,i'm negative to everything.Today i woke up good..well,better but as time was passing by i was getting more and more nervous.. and it was obvious..i was almost unpolite on the phone with customers. I was ready to fight with everyone around.I'm glad everyone's gone. So,now i want it. Yes i want one! But thinking that i will be disgusted I won't do it ! last night when i went to bed,i felt really proud for not smoking. I know it won't solve my problems- i've said this many times,to other people in here too. And i'm sorry i'm complaining constantly..this is not a site for depression but i just "hope" that at least part of my anger is because of the d@mn lack of nicotine. The other part i need to fight it in other ways. Thank you guys. i'm really grateful to you all!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 213 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
THREE WEEKS!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOPIE!! Kate, you are doing sooo well. Make sure to reward yourself. You certainly deserve it! Hope the 'blahs' go away soon{{{hugs}}}
17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kate, congrats on three weeks that is awsome!!! Hope this mood passes for you soon. Please hang in there, okay? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 54 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kate, Don't worry about complaining. This site is here for support. I have used it time and time again when I just didn't know where else to turn. The folks here always come through for me. You are using a resource available to you. Nothing wrong with that at all. Glad to hear you are feeling better. It really does get better. Occasionally there are ups and downs but there is nothing in the world like being smoke free. Keep fighting the good fight :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 439 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,787 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1536.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 38 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It'll pass kate. Getting used to life without the nicotine in your system takes a bit of doing but I can say it's worth it. The feelings of wanting to throttle everyone around you will pas finally. The important thing right now is to find an outlet. Here's what worked for me...Get a set of 10 pound dumbells (adjust weight to suit yourself) and keep them at your desk. When you feel that tension building, pick those suckers up and work your arms for two or three minutes. You'd be surprised at the amount of endorphines that releases and all of a sudden you feel better and you don't want to go up one side, and down the other of anybody! Just an idea - hang in there......
  • Quit Meter

$99,908.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9150 Hours: 1

Minutes: 48 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kate, You have come so far in 21 days, so take some you time and relieve yourself of that anger and stress. Choose a reward or pamper yourself for the day. It is about you and how good you can feel! Do relaxation techniques, stretches and even have a hot shower before bed. This can help alleviate that extra stress and keep you fresh for the morning :) We are always here for you, so post often! Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: