Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,522 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

from my soul...

17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kate Nothing wrong with your English. I have had these horrible thoughts and emotions since I stopped and it is not fun.Just remember it is GRAUALLY getting better and you cant go through this again so carry on quitting.Old Nickreally is a slimey rat!! HONESTLY I AM NOT GOING THROUGH THIS AGAIN MYSELF SO I CANNOT EVER SMOKE AGAIN!!!!!! Luv Phil xxx (and a hug) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 684 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �153 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kate, it may be the nicotine at the moment but Ive discovered even with out missing and craving ciggies I sometimes feel overwhelmed with life.. so keep working through your stuff and hopefully you will feel better! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 528 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �143 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kate, I hope things get better. The only thing I can add is REWARDS. You have come really far. Be kind to your self, pamper you a little. Try to smile and make someone else smile. This will too set off endorphins making you feel a little rush. Try it you will like. Best of luck to ya sweetie. You are beautiful, wonderful,and worth the fight. Grace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 708 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kate, First of all, your English is fantastic! I wish my French (the language I almost minored in 10 years ago in college) was as good as your English! You have NOTHING to apologize about there! Second, what you are going through is perfectly normal. If you're not having an easy quit, you're not alone! I know there are those out there who brag that they have had easy quits, but not everybody is like that and you're not wrong to have a difficult one! The good news is that you have come so far in your 20 days! You are doing something that you didn't think you could do! Be proud of yourself! Have you rewarded yourself lately for those 20 days? Perhaps that will make you feel better! Perhaps some of that anger, saddness and hostility will go away if you reward yourself for this awesome thing you are doing for yourself! Just a thought. I hope you start to feel better soon. Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 319 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,984 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1317.47 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[center][IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m180/princessceleste_2006/hugs2.gif[/IMG][/center] Hey Kate, Be kind to yourself, your body is recovering and healing. Have patience, it too will pass. I think a trip back to the doc to get your test results is a good idea, if your thyroid is out they can help you with that and hopefully it will even out the mood swings. Sending you lots of hugs and smiles. 20 days is fantastic - we are so proud of you. Please remember why you quit, hold onto it and never let it go. PrincessC :) x
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kate going through a rough patch, don't loose your resolve, you are a quitter and you will not smoke it's bad for you..... your meter reads 20 days or so the worse is over, use your coping mechanisms don't dwell on this thought, go out for a walk, reward yourself do something to make you smile, come on get off that couch and go for a walk :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 91 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,370 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $364 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've been reading all kind of posts all day today. About emotions, negative or positive,attitudes, struggles to avoid Nico, struggles to get over withdrawal syptoms and all posts that i "see" myself in,posts that will help me in the future to avoid similar situations. I can write and write,wanting to thank all you guys who are here, who answer,support,give advice or just a nice word of comfort. So,i post this little text.......... It's not the story of my life..it's the sadness that makes me write this. It's the sadness of personal problems... but i'm starting to get more angry ,sad, disappointed with myself because i see that i'm turning into a "bad:" person. I'm sad.. and i'm always nervous.. and i'm always ready to fight with everybody..for nothing.I push myself to do things even though i would like to stay under the bed and do nothing. I move around because Nico is chasing me,reminding me the days that i was sad and i was just sitting on the sofa smoking..thinking that another puff would make me feel better. I know,no puff ever made me feel better..solved my problems etc. I miss the habit...i told you before. I miss this thing between my fingers...i miss...don't know what. But then i try to see how good i feel (at least my body) breathing better,smelling better.. etc etc... Is the lack of nicotine make me more angry? i know i have my problems. I know my personal life is not helping my effort to quit smoking... but could i be more angry because of it? I went to do some blood test today-for my thyroid- i had an operation when i was 16 and i control it often. I know if my thyroid is not well balanced, it can cause me lots of ups and downs in my mood. Don't know if i would like that this is the problem..or the lack of nicotine..or just my problems... i'm glad i'm 20days free...i'm fighting with it a lot though........ (please forgive my english) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 202 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I like the way you talk. Uh Huh. (From [i]Slingblade[/i]) Your English is very good. You know what, there isn't a single soul on God's green earth that does not experience sadness and loss in their life. Depression is normal in a time of loss, and we are all grieving the loss of our smokes! Thank goodness for SSC, for bringing us together to lean on in times of stress. I love ALL of you guys! XOXOXOXOXO Phil: I think you come here just for all the smooching goin' on! ;)
17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kate, I feel for you. Please stay strong. Just a thought, it hasn't been to long ago that your dog passed. You may still be missing him. The greiving proscess takes some time. You are not a bad person!!! Glad you went to see your doctor. I have a niece that had her thyroid out and she has to keep it monotred. When her meds are out of wack - watch out. Just give yourself a big hug and reminds yourself that you are a good person and you deserve to be smoke free. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 45 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya Kate. [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c157/bingo969/Smilies/wave.gif[/IMG] I really know how you feel with your emotions being all around the place. There have been outstanding comments so far and nothing I can add to that side of things. I just wanted to share these two items from the Junkie Thinking Thread: JUNKIE THINKING: "I need one to get me through this withdrawl." RESPONSE: Smoking will not get me through the discomfort of not smoking. It will only get me back to smoking. One puff stops the process of withdrawl and I'll have to go through it all over again. JUNKIE THINKING: "I miss smoking right now." RESPONSE: Of course I miss something I've been doing every day for most of my life. But do I miss the chest pain right now? Do I miss the worry, the embarrassment? I'd rather be an ex-smoker with an occasional desire to smoke than a smoker witha constant desire to stop. Take care, Bingo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 142 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,849 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $426 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21

Reading this thread: