Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

i'm glad it's Monday

17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kate I started off dreading the weeknds but it does get better(albeit slowly) Do lots of things dont slob around get up off your backside and get some exercise walk somebody's dog for miles,tidy up the garden,clean the car Time goes so much more quickly. Keep out of that bed you go there to die and we are all gaining life!! Phil xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 663 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �140.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i had a bad Sunday..really bad..i didn't even go out for lunch like i had planned.Like Lady said,i went to bed,under the blankets (didn't cry my eyes out) but i just stayed there...Slept for a couple of hours.Then i ate something and vegged in front of the tv.I went out later the evening with a non smoker friend..and time just passed by.. i'm glad it's Monday.i'm in office,i keep myself busy and dont' think about it at all.. i hate the weekends...argggh..... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 191 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �57 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So glad you made it though the week-end. I would love if both us can stick this out. I have a very close friend whose sister lives in Greece. Not sure what area. You have a great day and I will be watching :eg:
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kate Good for you another weekend done! More days on the quit side. Celebrate. Find what was the trigger around whatever the craves were on the Sunday, think back and see if there is a pattern, a particular series of events, a particular way you felt, something that you were doing. Learn from what the trigger was. You will be able to cope in a different way. You can choose to do or experience a different series of feelings and thoughts based on changing how and what you are doing. Example I would crave when I walked the dog. I was walking the same route that I walked before. I changed route, I carried water, I had drunk coffee. I listened to my headset, I had nothing to listen to. I changed several things to come to a different result. I waqs busy listening to great music and I was negotiatting a different route and I didn't crave near as bad. You get to change all these things and you get to do a lot more stuff that has you felling a whole lot better in the end. Stay Strong. I hope you have a wonderful day. Phillip :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 206 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,123 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1545 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kate, You are allowed some you time and this will get you through. Take all the time you need and perhaps start planning a few interesting events throughout the weekend. Use this as a reward and something to look forward :) Look to the members for ideas as they can be of great assistance! Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: