Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,524 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

i'm craving again today...

17 years ago 0 243 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kate, it's 9.55am here in still sunny Scotland. I am with you on this. Yesterday was bad for me in terms of craving as well. Feeling much better this morning. From what I've read and the research I've done - it's the threes you have to watch out for. You know, as you come up to finishing 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months. You can suddenly get the craves again. Stay busy, stay chilled. Tomorrow will be better! Almost at 3 weeks. Way to go. Have a nice day. S :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 706 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 243 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kate, is there anything you could do that relaxes you? Like some form of exercise or maybe a massage? Some "me" time and a treat for coming so far? I find my tensions build towards the end of the week. So on Sundays, I either go to my yoga class or have a swim or on good days - both! :) It seems to relax me and get me back to being chilled, ready to start a new week afresh. Plus gets you away from everything by yourself. I think you should treat yourself to something just for you that will soothe that tension. Enjoy your time out with your friends. And it's fantastic you have come so far when your mum is a smoker. I'm off out to work soon but will look for you later. S x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 709 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Ser, it's 6pm...it's over..gone..i went for coffee,came home,had lunch and then i took a nap. I'm here again reading some posts...surfing... i'm in a bad mood and it really is difficult but i'm staying away from it. i feel that the next days will be difficult...let's wait and see. thank again [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 174 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �51 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
Hi Ser, well,it's bad..don't know why..i'm getting nervous.. but i just won't smoke.I avoid sitting around with mom,since she smokes so i'm going out for coffee in a while with two friends (non smokers) it will be good i think. But yes,i'm nervous...i'm thinking about it constantly but i don't want to do it... pffff...... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 172 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �51 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
what is going on? i'm done with hell and heck week.What's wrong now? i thought it would be easy but i was wrong no? i woke up this morning..thinking about it. Then i made myself a coffee,now i'm here,burging some cd's at the same time and i'm planning to do wash some clothes,do a little this and that in the house! But i'm not going to smoke!! NOPE NOPE NOPE! it's 11am in Athens Greece yaaawn... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 171 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �51 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kate, You've gotten some great advice from your fellow quitters. Unfortunately cravings will sneak up on you. Keep persevering and reward yourself for overcoming them. When anxiety levels rise, physical activity and other distractions may help. Keep your focus on adding to that quit meter and celebrating your acheivements. Revisit the reasons for your quit and the benefits you've gained. Keep strong, Danielle ___________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
kate, Quits are funny things. Don't be lulled into complacency just because you have X number of days quit. I'm sure you smoked for many years. It will take a bit of time to rid yourself of those triggers and to rebuild your coping skills. You basically have to learn how to deal with life all over again. That is the fun part that many new quitters don't realize. In the meantime, build on your success of beating this crave. You know you've done it now, so if it happens again, you have the knowledge to overcome it again. Best wishes. [b][color=Purple]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size] [size=2][color=purple]Hoping for success without hard work is like trying to harvest without planting.[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 482 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,063 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1180.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 84 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
  • Quit Meter

$36,330.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9767 Hours: 13

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 59

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 296 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oooooh Kate......I feel for ya! But you know what......smoking is an addiction. It took us a while to become "addicts" and even longer to practice the art of inhaling burning hot smoke into our lungs!!! Whilst 17 days is absolutely awesome in quitting terms, it may take just a teeny bit longer for you to feel "comfortable". Kate, are you dwelling on those smoking thoughts? Are you romanticising the act of smoking? By all means...acknowledge the "urge", but then move on. It's all about distraction in the early days :) Try not to expect too much too soon. Just go with the flow and take it one moment at a time. It WILL get better. Trust me....it will. Just be patient and it will come! Hang tough mate! Rachel Two years, six months, one week, four days, 22 hours, 24 minutes and 51 seconds. 18478 cigarettes not smoked, saving �4,157.51. Life saved: 9 weeks, 1 day, 3 hours, 50 minutes.
  • Quit Meter

$17,523.06

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 789 Hours: 18

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: