Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

is it a cold?

17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i woke up feeling kind of sick this morning.Soar throat,little pain in my ears,a little headache.Maybe i got a cold? or the syptoms just arrived? I hope it's only a cold. Last night i went to the gym...it felt good! wonderful.Came home,took a shower and vegged in front of the tv. I didn't move.. and even though mom was smoking didn't even cross my mind to "keep her company". It kind of disturbed me the smoke in the room...but she always smoked and we still have the windows open and anyway,it didn't make me want to smoke..so..... the habit is around.... and my bad/sad/terrible mood brings the habig near to me..... :mad: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 142 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kate The body goes through many changes when we quit and being around smoke certainly doesn't help. If your desire to quit outweights your desire to smoke then you can do it regardless of the obsticals that present themselves. I would recommend leaving the room if someone else is smoking in there but that is just me. The temptation would be too much for me. Drink a lot of ice water to flush your system. That should help with your cold symptoms. (and yes. It can be a cold) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 432 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,647 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1512 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 38 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52

Reading this thread: