Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Family?

17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
RVDMan right now it's not going fast enough, this is what's getting me down so I've torn off the patch and I'll deal with it now, I'm not going to wait another 2 weeks and then start all over again, now is the time, it's only 7mg and it's been the hardest to deal with so off it goes and come on withdrawal symptoms I can beat you at your own game I'll cry, I'll rant, I'll beat up the pillows, whatever it takes the agony has gone on long enough, I have no more patience for this on with the quit and I will not smoke no matter what, it's not an option in my life. I might need a lot more help in the days to come and I know all of you will be here for me so I'm confident. Tomorrow is another day the sun will shine again and so will I. Marie xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 86 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,290 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $344 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
RVDMAN how come they're gone so soon? :eg:Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $328 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
Ozzgran thank you so much, I hope you realise how much your posts help. Just to know that there are people who understand, I love my brother don't get me wrong he is what he is, no one is perfect. But like RVDman says about his family '' they do stretch me'' is very appropriate here.LOL. I use to deal with it by lighting one, now I have to do it in some other way and I haven't found it yet. So I'm sure the answer will come to me, in the meantime on with the quit and stay away from family for now. Thanks again really appreciated and congratulations on your stats wow 7 months is awsome. Sincerely Marie hugs :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 87 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,314 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $348 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
Thank you Free and RVDman I'm feeling much better now, I'm not crying at least, the patch is gone and I'm chewing sugarless cinnamon gum and still drinking my 4 bottles of water per day. I did a lot of work today, I'm preparing for my garage sale Sat and sun. the kids have been using my basement for a warehouse for so long, I had them come over and open their boxes, they had a great time, didn't even remember half of the things they had. So I have their permission to sell what they don't need, I'm finally going to have a clutter free basement to go with my clutter free lungs :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 87 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,305 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $348 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
RVDMan OMG get out of there quick, save yourself while you can :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 87 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,305 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $348 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
You know I've never actually been to BC , I've always vacationed east, the maritimes ,I have a brother and nephews there, and my hubby has a sister in Halifax. So we've been to NB, Ns,PEI, we've done the Cabbott trail etc. Well enjoy your visit with your Mom, I'm sure BC will be beautiful this time of year. Thanks again for your support :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 87 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,306 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $348 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
GREAT JOB!!! Tomorrow is my big family day and my mother is already putting pressure on me and nagging. Since you did such a great job with your family...would you be willing to take on mine? They put the FUN in dysFUNctional! :8o:
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Boy do I know how taxing kinfolk are! :8o: There are times I threaten to run away from home, but nobody would notice until dinnertime or they ran out of clean socks! Early on in my quit I tried to sell the kids on e-bay, but prospects wanted ME to pay THEM!!! That's just immediate family....I don't even want to THINK about my mother, his mother, my siblings, his siblings.... We are having a big BBQ on Monday, I will be grateful if we don't make the front page of the paper on Tuesday. [i]While hosting a labor day family event, a stressed-out ex-smoker closes the electric pool cover on her entire family after a squabble about onions on the burgers. While screams of terror could be heard in the water under the cover, our suspect calmy watched while leisurely smoking a Marboro light![/i] :8o:
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You go girl! I know exactly how you are feeling. You can do it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 118 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,558 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $472 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
  • Quit Meter

$54,489.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5954 Hours: 17

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ROFL @ RivMan I can feel your pain! It sounds sooooo familiar! How do you say to your family, "I need a BREAK FROM YOU!" ??? LOL! Hang in there. And when you figure out the answer to that question ... let me know!!! :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 112 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,375 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $448 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

$54,489.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5954 Hours: 17

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: