Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,524 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

my vacation's almost over

17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i'm going home tomorrow! :( i can't do anything,just take it slowly. I know that there the temptations will be more. Back to work..back to daily life.Even though on Wednesday i will leave again for 5 days-the last ones for this year. Tonight we went out with two other women.One was smoking.When she lit the cig up,i took the baby and went for a walk.When we went to their place,it just crossed my mind to ask..i got up again and forgot it.But while we were walking to their appartment,i realised that she could hardly breath..goin up the hill seemed like she was climbing on Himalaya (don't know how to spell it)and i was just breathing normally. This is what keeps me going!!! It's almost 23.00..it's time for a movie and women talk!! LOL see you all tomorrow. wish me luck on my return to Athens!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 46 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kate, well done!!! just focusing on how much better you can breath is amazing. For me that is also a huge motivation. I went on a 2 hour walk in Golden Gate part this morning and walking up those hills didn't make me short of breath at all!!! It is a great feeling. I'm glade that you had the opportunity to walk up a hill with your smoker friend because just seeing the difference in how hard is was for her and how effortless it was for you really hits home. You are doing great and just remember N.O.P.E. good luck girl kat [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 193 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 181 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
kate your doing great! my breathing has not improved yet ,still cant walk far or fast without discomfort but i know that will change in time.im in now rush! have a good trip. jan x
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
kate, This is great and in the face of evil you saw the light! You can do this, so be extra prepared for those temptations when you get back. Let us guide you and post often! Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: