Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

People don't understand

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh Gonna!! You are so funny! Yep...that neighbour is definately a deviant! One to be watched! Windy ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 110 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think your neighbour deserves a good spanking for being so judgemental. I would LOVE it if I was one of those people who could quit like a breeze....but I'm not. She should thank her lucky stars that she got off so easy because she has no idea!!! Makes me mad and I wasn't even there! Nobody chooses to feel sad or depressed (Hey - it's Saturday ... I don't want to have fun, I want to be depressed) I can't believe that some people are so STUPID that they think that anyone would want to feel this way. The great thing is that you are doing SOOOOOO well with your quit and you know that these bad days will get better. I am so proud of you! I am alot newer in this process than you but I am gradually finding things that are helping me to feel better when I am "down". Stay with the positive people and avoid the one's that think they "KNOW IT ALL". They are almost as poisonous as nicotine. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 110 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Marie, I could have my beagles come over and howl at her! Don't ever listen to people like that. I have a friend who quit 5 years ago and she told me first of all she quit cold turkey, and then, just to top it off, once she finished her last cigarette, she never thought about cigarettes again! I mean...come on!!!! Hello, welcome to the real world. I'm wearing the 21 mg patch and plan to do so for the next while. I've been angry, depressed, frustrated, had visions of cigarettes dancing in my head. Maybe if I'd been like her it might have been sugarplums dancing in my head instead of cigs!!! So, your neighbour's quit, like my friend's, sounds a little too good to be true! Keep going strong, Marie. Cheers, Jan. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 230 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't worry about it. I'm younger so I know what I'm talking about. When looking back upon things, people tend to see their struggles as better. People only seem to try and remember how easy their struggles were. Not many people seem to share this thought, but I think in our struggles we learn to enjoy life all the more. Today was a bad day, but remember it. It will help you remember that you have been through today, and you will cherish your next great day all the more. Hope this helps. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 75 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 63 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Marie: I'm late to read this post from you...I am never short of opinion so here goes. It is an abomination that your ears had to hear such nonsense from an insolent COW! Some neighbour! I am horrified for you and how you felt at that moment. Next time you see her...complain again about your quit to her and ask her to remind you again of how well she did and then as she walks into her own bravado hit her with...Oh, my God! You are a super hero! You are INVINSIBLE and IMUNE to withdrawls from smoking!!! Tell her that she is so ABNORMAL NOT to have withdrawls that she should be listed in the Guiness Book of World Records to be the only person on the PLANET who has not suffered from withdrawls. Tell her that she should sign up as a CASE STUDY for the Foundation for Addiction Research. Please.... Louise...gag me...I`m done with your stupid neighbour! I hope you are well... Love and Light. Theresita [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 493 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $229.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
We could all come over and make her cry if you like. ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,399 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $559 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 202 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Marie, People here understand. Draw your strength from the friends you have here and rise above the ignorance, insensitivity, rudeness and slights that inevitably and unfortunately are often part of life when you make a change. Best, Livadia [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,801 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $450 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
  • Quit Meter

$43,113.96

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 753 Hours: 20

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 38

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL not so innocent :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 97 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,469 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $388 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
gonnadoit I looked up quirky in the dictionnary oops I thought I was sweet Marie ............. :confuse: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 97 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,468 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $388 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
thanks Jan I know I went through the patches also, and really at the beginning of my quit everything wierd happened to me, if you read a few of my old posts you.ll see LOL I would come here and post as this was the only place I talked about it. The skunk episode was bad but it kept me from smoking (the stench) I now laugh about these things but then they were oh so dramatic LOL . Keep up the good fight if I can do it you can also promise :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 97 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,466 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $388 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14

Reading this thread: