Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

BIG plus point!

17 years ago 0 63 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone: Day 2 for me, 7:00 am this morning and I'm riding on the elevator to get to the 7th floor of the office building. Here I am craving a smoke and feeling like a crazy person when I realize an odor. One of the 2 ladies who were on the elevator with me - was a smoker or BOTH of them were smokers I couldn't tell. Interesting. I could smell the smoker but she couldn't smell me. Too bad. Obsession is a great perfume! A mouthful of tar and nicotine - isn't so much a great perfume! This is only about my 400th time trying to quit this craziness. I'm trying cold Turkey this time... HURTS...but I think I'll be Ok because I've done this soo many times before I get the CRAP that goes along with it. I am thankful to each of you for participating. Writing, sharing expressing. I have been reading and learning. I feel stupid in that my friends have heard me for MANY YEARS...I'm quitting, I'm going to quit and I have always BAILED on myself. I can't tell you how important each of you are to my success. Thank You for being there! FREE ME!!!
17 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
excellent, I think I'm just starting to get the old sense of smell back too, (though I seem to be smelling ash tray alot) anbd it feels good, that sense of taste comming back is something I'm looking forward to. Good luck and keep it up! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 52 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Not only will you smell better your tastes gets better as well!!
17 years ago 0 243 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Was I the only one who used to feel guilty that I must stink? Well, today, I am wearing an outfit where every damn thing (including the undies!) is fresh from the wash. And God I smell nice. (My sense of smell must be coming back I guess?) Sprayed myself with a very light fragrance when I got ready and I can actually still smell it. Feeling rather good right now! (Though I did wander into the kitchen earlier and was getting a whiff of something not quite so pleasant. Took me some time to realise it was my bag. Stinking just from having ever carried packs of cigs!!!!! The bag is going in the washing machine too and if it doesn't survive, Hell I shall treat myself to a new one of the money I'm saving!) S [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 77 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dont it feel so good :) I remember the first day i could smell my perfume all day - i smiled so big :) Stay strong Serenity you are doing really well PrincessC :) x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 845 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $428.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You make me laugh, I had to the same thing the first few days. I got carried away and cleaned my whole house to make it smell good. Now I still enjoy the things that sell nice, such as my cream and shampoo. The bad thing about a good nose is: things who stink, stink ever more now....lol. I work in a store and sell cigarettes. You should smell people coming out of a smokey car.....not nice !!! Yikes !!! Keep up the quit and reward yourself. Hugs Fini :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 143 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,588 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �421.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 202 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ROTFLMAO... Yep, had the same rude awakening, Serenity! Could not figure out what smelled so bad! And, once I located the "stinker" I could not figure out why *that* would reek as much as it did! You were lucky -- you could wash yours. I couldn't. So, I just drenched it in "Febreeze" and hoped for the best! ;) Livadia [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,308 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $325 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
  • Quit Meter

$43,025.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 752 Hours: 7

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL serenity2 ... your post sounds so familiar. I'm so happy for you. Some of the realizations we make along the way are really just, for the lack of a better word, GREAT! Don't ever forget these wonderful discoveries and experiences. Write about them and use them. If you ever crave in the future ... go back and read about all of these wonderful experiences of yours and use them for motivation to make the crave pass and to stay quit.\ Congrats on your decision to quit smoking. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 102 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,080 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $408 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$54,499.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 19

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 52

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL! You will also notice that smoke stinks. Wait until you walk past a group of smokers or one comes into the office or your home. You'll notice right away. Now, I do feel a tad guilty, but that is who we were, not who we are becoming :8|:
17 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No, you're definitely not the only one! That fresh laundry smell(sans the stinky smoke) used to make me feel all summer-y. It does wonders to your self-confidence, doesn't it? Enjoy your new and improved smellability!

Reading this thread: