Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,522 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

yesterday at the gym...

17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kate, That's wonderful! I'm so glad that you are finally quitting! Hooray! You can do it and we'll be here for you tomorrow as you start your new life SMOKE FREE! Way to go! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 298 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,459 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1230.74 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You can do this Kate. Have fun and stay strong PrincessC :) x
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i took it easy since it was so hot..then i had 30 minutes personal training and i really felt that my heart was going to explode. Yesterday i felt that i had smoked too much. When i came home,i just took a nice long bath and relaxed. All these days i usually had a cig before going to bed which caused me a fast heartbeat and couldn't relax to sleep. Last night i didn't do it and i really slept better. It's my last day today..i still haven't smoked.It's 10.30am.....maybe i won't.. but tomorrow is my new fresh day!! And this morning-something i had never done before- i realised that among all my friens (men,women,married,single) the majority DOESN'T smoke!!! and i just thought,why am i keep lighting this thing up?!? i'm fed up...really...pfff..... see you all guys! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kate, just wait when you stop smoking and you work out you will feel great, I can not even tell you how much better your work outs will be. When I was smoking it was always a chore for me to work out but I did because I did not want to gain weight now that I am not smoking I can't wait to get up and get my work out atarted. Keep up the quit and stay strong Sullydog [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,060 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $405 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
After you quit, your workouts will get a LOT better. I went through(and will soon start going through again, lol) that period where you feel like your lungs will explode after just a few minutes of hard exercise. Like others are saying, it'll get better with time and that alone will be a reward for your quit and keep you going strong. Good luck to you!
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kate, You are doing great! Use the exercise as a distraction technique and get some coping mechanisms to guide you through. This will be a challenge, but we can assist you through this journey successfully. Post often and let us help :) Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: