Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

what i've learned from going back to smoking

17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kate, That's the attitude! Get mad at this addiction! :mad: Get angry for how you feel! And then use that anger to fight this addiction! We're here for you when you're ready! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 294 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,361 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1214.22 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 351 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kate, keep up that thinking...it really is a gross and stinky habit. Stay mad at the demon and carry that to your quit...you can beat it. Stay with us and we will be here anytime you need. Congratulations on taking this step to becoming smoke free. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 606 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 202 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds like to me, Kate, that "you're mad as he77 and not going to take it anymore!" :) If that's the case, why not take advantage of it and start quitting right now? Why are you waiting another fortnight? Would the cigs be disappointed if they didn't have two more week's worth of holiday? :quest: On the other hand, think of how proud you'd be Sept 1 with TWO WHOLE WEEKS under your belt already. :) Livadia [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,229 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $305 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
  • Quit Meter

$43,003.26

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 751 Hours: 22

Minutes: 44 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
well,it sucks! it really sucks! i still do light this d@mn thing even though my stomach is destroyed,my mouth like a shoe sole and i smell bad. I take showers all the time,my hair is up,pony tail,all the time and i just wash,wear,wash,wear the same clothes because i don't want to destroy the clothes i like the most!! Nice attitude,no? I set the 1st of Sept as my quit date...but it will be sooner. I can't stand this anymore. my excuse for all these cigs is that here in Greece is a holiday season,most of the people are away,i'm home alone..and bored.... so.... it's time i guess.. thank you guys for being around and being so supportive! i big hug from the "boiling" city of Athens/Greece Kate [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kate, come back we need you here. I had two weeks and blew it :mad: I was going to wait and come back later, but Lady pointed out why wait 15 days it could turn into 15 years and I know that can be so true. I got stopped once for a month and took a couple puffs - 7 1/2 month to try again. I found this site and although I slipped I am starting again. Love to see you back soon. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
kate.....there is always an "excuse" to smoke.....always.....but at the same time you have the "choice" to say NO to the excuse! Exercise your right here.....step up and take control! Katy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1688 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 67,535 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9621.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 220 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
  • Quit Meter

$158,945.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5342 Hours: 18

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: