Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

A story to share.....

17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Such a sad story... and yet such a common one. This is just one more piece of evidence that smokers will fool themselves and justify smoking in any way shape and form because they are addicts, plain and simple. I most certainly was one of them for way too long and justified my smoking every single day... if only to myself. I'm so glad that we have all lifted the curtain and can see clearly and are no longer blinded by the addiction. Thanks for sharing that story. I hope he comes to terms with his addiction soon. Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 293 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,340 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1210.09 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow!! LOL!! He found a "Get out of He77 free" card! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,815 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $429 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 351 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Boy oh boy does that bring back memories...I lied to myself ALL the time or just wouldn't allow myself to think about it. It's scary how that junkie can be right back with you before you even know it. Thanks for sharing that story, it just reminds us to NEVER let our guard down because we will not allow that junkie back in. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 606 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 111 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
what I think is if he's tried to stop previously he obviously isnt too fond of smoking and now thinks he's in control of them....sooner or later he will have to stop deluding himself and start all over again...he's just kidding himself!......A few "social smokers" I know delight in telling me they're not addicted to nicotine & just smoke 1 or 2 here and there, just to be social! .....i think not!
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Rachel! .... and when I was on 40 a day, that didn't count either, because my brand was Silk Cut Silver (Ultra Mild) Mr Ed ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 187 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,618 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1402.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rachel -- Yep - you're right. Your colleague is smoking, therefore is NOT quit, I would not have been as nice as you - I would have told them that. :eg: CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 145 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,480 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $507.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
He is kidding himself...it will only be a matter of time before it's 5 then 6 then before you know it he will be back to where he was before. So sad that we can fool outselves like that. The Junkie is strong....But we are stronger Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 177 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,776 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $354 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$1,703,550.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5861 Hours: 18

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 92 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great story, thanks for sharing. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 431 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,635 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1939.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 58 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rachel.. sounds like junkie thinking to me. What your friend is doing is exactly what made me become a closet smoker. I hid from everyone. You know...if no one knows, it doesn't count. It really takes a long time to let go of the junkie thinking and see it for what it really is. Hopefully your friend will see the light eventually. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 412 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,258 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1442 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 296 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all, Just wanted to share a little conversation that I had today ............ A work colleague of mine 'quit' smoking about 8/9 months ago. He has never been particularly vocal about his progress, but today the subject came up and so I asked whether he was still quit...... "sort of" he replied "what do you mean?" I asked "well - Ive had a few, but not many" he says "oh" I replied "But I still consider myself a non-smoker" he says "I mean, I only have a few a week, and as there not on a regular basis, it doesn't count". "oh" I said "And...." he went on "if you check any small print on a life insurance document, it clearly states that people who smoke less than 5 cigarettes a day are not penalised in the premiums that they pay" (as opposed to smokers who smoke more than 5 a day) "oh - so you're smoking again" I said "no" he replied "as I said, if you check any small print on a life insurance document blah blah blah blah blah.................." GET REAL!!!!!!! Smoking is smoking is smoking!!! It doesn't matter whether you smoke 1 a day, 5 a day or 100 a day ..... smoking is smoking! He'd obviously done his homework and convinced himself that he'd found a "get out clause" that would still allow him to smoke, (albeit 'less than 5 a day'!!!). I know I should have tried to explain to him....but his voice was getting rather "irritable" as he tried to convince me that he was right and I just "didn't understand". I salute you all for being strong and continuing the fight day after day after day......... :) Smoke free........and lovin' it :) Rachel x Two years, five months, two weeks, five days, 21 hours, 48 minutes and 4 seconds. 18018 cigarettes not smoked, saving �4,053.90. Life saved: 8 weeks, 6 days, 13 hours, 30 minutes.
  • Quit Meter

$17,569.98

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 791 Hours: 22

Minutes: 32 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: