Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,655 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Julia725, RFULLERO, OJOIZA ALTHEA, PKENNETH LANCE, JSABAS

What do you do when your not smoking?

17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
tina, When we quit smoking, we literally gain like 2 hours a day where we don't reall know what to do with ourselves because we spent those 2 hours smoking. So now, it's usually quite a challenge for most quitters to find things to do to fill the time. I make necklaces and bracelets or read or come to the site or play cards. Hope you're finding lots of fun things to do to fill your time! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 271 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,791 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1119.23 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tina, I'm unemployed. I take walks. Eat fruit pops. And surf the Internet. Sleep some. I'm just letting myself do whatever it needs to right now. But please do walk. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 623 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good idea Lady.. i meen bringing the kids along. They can serve as a front for our playful behavior. I dunno what i'm ever gonna do when they all grow up. Hope they'll still play in public so I can. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 598 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $130 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tina, I am a housewife too.. also a work at home mom. I actually started changing my life before I quit smoking. They don't like me to give the name of the program that i joined but if you google finally love yourself - which isn't the name of anything at all, and find something about getting organised and stuff, then that's it. LOL It was really a big blessing for me... You know, people who are well grounded, and well organised and always know where the socks are have a higher chance of sticking their quit. I was reading in a book one time a long long time ago that people who smoke uncharactoristically (which i did.. no-one would ever have guessed i was a smoker), are probably not very well grounded. Then I looked around at the chaos I was living in. LOL!! So, i'm really staying busy.. and busy either doing something, or relaxing.. but whatever i'm busy doing, there isn't room to smoke at all... and i know where the socks are. The only one i'm having a real hard time with is at restaurants. Just what does a non smoker do when they are sitting at their table and waiting for food anyhow? just like.. sit there? How quaint. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 552 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $130 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 97 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I loved Jacko's post asking where everyone was from. I loved it because it helped me to realize that there are people all over the world trying to quit smoking. It wasn't just me here in Alabama, USA. It's people from all over the world. Places I've been and place I will probably never see but I now have a connection with because someone I know lives there and is struggling with nicotine addiction just like me. My questions is "what do you do when you're not smoking?" I'm asking this because I'm a housewife and I've been thinking that it must be easier for people who work because they have to be someplace all day where they aren't allowed to smoke anyway, right? If your a housewife then your in a place all day long (unless of course its library day or something) where you can smoke anytime you want to. If you are a housewife, how are you combatting this constant oppertunity to smoke? If you work, perhaps you can help give some tips to fellow worker on what to do during your breaks? Anxious to hear your replies :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 262 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tina, Auntie here from Livermore,Maine USA Great question, I've been wondering the same thing. I'm disabled and can't work.My children are grown but I do have grandchildren and nephews near. So far I've been about an hour and a half without a cigarette. Right now I'm drinking coffee and I have a straw in my hand that I cut to the length of a cigarette. As I puff on it I get nothing but good clean air. I'm wearing my patch and have the gum handy for when I need it. I'm going to start crocheting again as I have a new granddaughter on the way. If you don't know how to crochet,it's real easy to learn.Pick up a how-to book and follow directions, It's realy simple. Good luck on your quit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tina, nice post. I live in The Netherlands. When I don't smoke: I SELL CIGARETS !! LOL Ironic but true. I work at a gasstation and selling cigs is a part of my job. At home I paint, clean and I am writing a book about quitting smoking. Writing is my way of passing time. I love it though. My book is almost finished and I have a publisher allready. Hugs from Holland :) :)FINI :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 105 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,629 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �309.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 322 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi T, Thanks for the intro and glad we all know where we are all coming from-worked well-eventually. Well, the 3rd day I was quit I was probably like you, thinking of the demon all the time so I joined the GYM. I tell you what Tina, I aint never looked back. Its so good burning all this s##t out of you. I plan my day round the Gym even tho` sometimes, I only swim or sauna/steam. I believe its one of the greatest coping mechanisms there is and with you being a housewife, you can go in the day(off peak times) and its cheaper. Good Luck with what you decide and let us know how you get round your days ahead. Your new Friend from Newton-le-Willows, Merseyside, England, UK. Jacko(UK) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 908 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �270 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If i was at home and i wanted to smoke. I come here. I was cutting the hedge early in my quit, and i really really wanted to smoke, because i was so used to stopping having a break and smoking. So instead, I still took breaks, but instead i came and made a few posts. That was my reward, and it worked. When I am at work, I pretty much do as i always did. I am usually too busy for breaks, but i still go out with smoking friends for lunch and they still smoke. They still smoke in their car on the way there. It doesnt really bother me. If it did bother me, I guess i would want to smoke? and i dont anymore. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 840 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �247.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL MistyMoon! Talk, read a book or magazine, watch people (people watching is very interesting), play football with the creamers on the table ... LOL! (just don't hit the people next to you) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 76 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,296 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $304 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
  • Quit Meter

$54,517.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 18

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: