Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

BOOOOOOM, BOOOOOOM

17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ha ha that post made me laugh mama! You did hit the nail right on the head.. I needed that laugh :)
17 years ago 0 394 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for sharing topic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 682 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $238.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sheie and Mr Ed, Go to your rooms and cool off!!! None of that matters at all to us "newbies"... All that matters to us is that you guys, "the elders" will still be there when we need you when those "things" hit! All we need to know is that you will understand and empathize with us. The only reason it scares me when people say you don't have craves after two or three weeks is that I have quit for that long before and I still did, so you feel that there maybe something wrong with you and you might not be physically able to quit. It is comforting to me to know that other people also experiance "it". Ed, you said that you only know a couple of people here that fell after and extended time, but in talking to smokers at work and out in the "real world" there are many many many. Almost everyone I talked to says they quit for a year and went back. So what does that tell you? There is something (crave, memory, craziness whatever) and this site is helpfull with it. That is what us newbies want to know, and I imagine, that is what you both need also. Us newbies are also here for you when you have "it." Maybe we should just call it a "thing". If you are having that, just post on the site "I am having a thing". Love to both of you, Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 147 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $17.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
  • Quit Meter

$74,919.90

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6522 Hours: 12

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shevie, no naked, darn! LOL The Dick Cheney analogy was very amusing ;p
17 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shevie, you sound a tad grouchy. Are you craving now? Curious, you're right the craves lesson, but awareness is key, as you said or I wouldn't have smoked afte 200+ days. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 367 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $58.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Duffis, OK for you to stand back and laugh. As lomg as you realise I am right and Shevie is wrong.... Well maybe not.. but you are right in that humour is certainly part of the equation! Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 128 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,865 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �960 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
Shevie, One last time - I do hope I have not misled anybody - believe me that is not what I want to do. I know the thread 'Rewards Nicotine and the Brain' very well - and I have bumped this on a number of occasions as a 'must read' for anybody on this site Mama, Thanks for your comments, I'm happy to call it a 'thing' too - I'm not here to upset anybody. I was just trying to post something to help, but it seems I used the wrong words. Beginning to feel like I'm wasting my time, or perhaps I should avoid posting to certain threads .. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 128 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,861 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �960 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
Shevie, What would be a good idea is if we could all speak the same language! Is there a thread out there which would be helpful for all of us? I do not want to mislead anybody, so I'm happy to use whatever terminology has been used on this site since day one. I don't think I'm actually saying anything radically different than anybody else .. Mr Ed :confuse: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 128 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,859 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �960 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
Shevie, forget the terminology. You say: 'Cravings are not the result of nicotine. They are the result of the lack of nicotine' - which can relate to a smoker or non-smoker. A smoker expects to satisy their craving every hour or whatever. It is a chemical thing. Just like the nicotine quitter goes through a number of days (or weeks?) of a desire to satisfy the chemical craving. I think I am aware that I may have 'smoking thoughts' in the future that may be extremely strong. I don't dispute this. In fact I agree with most of what you are saying. Just don't be surprised that if you're going to be extremely forthright with people that somebody won't bite Mr Ed [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 128 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,858 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �960 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
Shevie, Is this the bit you had an issue with? 'You Newbies who are in your first few days are having Cravings (ie Cravings for Nicotine). Cravings do not exist after a couple of weeks (some say a couple of days). My body has been nicotine-free for 8 weeks - it is not possible for me to have cravings any more. I think the main difference is this: for a smoker, the cravings to smoke remain constant or even get stronger over the years; for the quitter, the memory triggers become less frequent and less strong as time progresses.' I really do hope that no new quitters would misread this to mean that they would never have 'thoughts', 'triggers' or difficulties from time to time. If you read it carefully, think you'll understand what I'm saying. Just because I try to keep a smile on my face, doesn't mean I haven't got a serious point to make as well [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 128 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,856 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �960 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31

This thread is locked.

Reading this thread: