Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.761 posts in 47.061 threads.

160,836 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Sinea, MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS

Have you seen this?

18 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No i havn't seen that and I have kids so they are up on all the latest stuff. Where are you in the world. I haven't seen anything like that here is texas. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 668 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $91.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
  • Quit Meter

$75,035.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6532 Hours: 14

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I can't believe of such a thing! [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/181.gif[/IMG] I got curious ... so I started looking for something on the internet. I found these things (gag gifts) called 'Puff Cigarettes'. Could that be them? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,104 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $144 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
  • Quit Meter

$54,571.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5963 Hours: 17

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don't know ... I could not tell what was suppose to be funny about them either. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,106 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $144 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
  • Quit Meter

$54,571.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5963 Hours: 17

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 334 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello everyone and hope you are all enjoying your smoke free weekends!! I wanted to share an experience I had this afternoon with all of you -I found it rather disturbing and was wondering if any of you have seen anything like it. I took my boys shopping for Fathers Day to the mall today. At lunch time we headed to the food court and to Mr. Sub. While standing in line waiting to pay I looked beside me and a little girl was standing there waiting patiently to ask the cashier a question. I was astounded to see that she was dragging on a fake cigarette! Now it wasnt the kind you get from the Popeye package, but rather a very real looking one with fake ash and fake SMOKE!!!! The only reason I new it was fake was because I couldnt keep my mouth shut when I saw her!! I asked her if she new how dangerous cigarettes were and that she looked silly and not at all cool. Then I asked her if I could see it - and it was plastic! I have no idea how the fake smoke works (maybe someone could inliten me). I dont think this small child was all to impressed with me, and the sales clerk smiled at her and rolled her eyes - but honestly no wonder our youth are smoking - there is pressure everywhere!!!!! I wish I new the name of the company that distributes them so I could write a nasty letter! Has anyone else seen this? Skidoo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 57 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
18 years ago 0 334 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mama. I'm in Winnipeg, Canada. I have to say though that I have never seen anything like those cigarettes before - not ones with ash and actual smoke. Breaking Free, your search was probably right on - I would bet that they were probably bought at Spencer Gifts which is a gag gift store in the mall where I was! The question is - WHY WOULD THEY SELL THEM??????????????? Crazy! Skidoo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 58 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OK, now I'm really PO'd. We're talking borderline postal. All I need is a target. And a weapon. And a plane ticket to get to the manufacturer of that travesty. Deep breath, deep breath. I just honestly cannot believe that the anti-tobbaco organizations like the American Cancer Society and American Lung Association and the others have been so wimpy on their approach to tobacco. It's almost as if they are afraid if they do too good they'll be out of a job so they do just enough to seem busy, but never actually accomplish the goal. Products like that fake cigarette should be banned. Sale and possession should be against the law just like any other drug paraphenalia. People need to be educated that this drug nicotine is more addictive than heroin, cocaine, amphetimine, and any other illegal drug. The direct comparison between a smoker and a heroin junkie needs to be made, blatantly. Then, perhaps, the lady behind the counter would be shocked and appalled, not just rolling her eyes. The fact that second-hand smoke kills also needs to be more promenent. Perhaps a junkie mixes up a really big hit, puts in in the bottle of an air gun used for injections, and goes around shooting people with it would be a good scene. If the police raid a meth lab in a home and there are children there, the children are taken for their protection. Yet children live every day in homes cloudy with smoke from their parents' cigarettes. OK, more deep breaths. *getting down off the soap box* I'm done. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 390 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,816 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1482 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 72 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
18 years ago 0 407 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Anyone here remember the stop smoking lollipops that hit the market and were gone in a flash? I mention in my success story herein that I recall my dad letting me get candied cigarettes so I could be like him. Till the day he died, he raised that junk and thought all the rukus was just big brother starting trouble. I actually have a sister and family that raised 40 acres of that crap a year. They go to church on Sunday and kill people with the +million pounds they sell a year. Uncle Sam recently told them if they would stop raising the stuff they would give them $1,500,000 as compensation based on the acreage. Go figure. Lindsey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/10/2001 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1741 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 104,508 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $17410 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 359 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
  • Quit Meter

$122,785.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8395 Hours: 17

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Skidoo, No I have not seen or heard of such as thing! How horrible! I truly hope these aren't going to be the next craze. It definitely puts the wrong idea in their minds! Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: