Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.761 posts in 47.061 threads.

160,836 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Sinea, MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS

1st Try......Can it be?

18 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's Ironic - This is the first time for me as well to have a concerted effort to never smoke again. Sure I went through periods of not smoking (4-5 days, a month, etc.) But always knew that I had not quit - didn't want to! I was just at a place where it wasn't convenient for me to smoke (hiding it from a boyfriend, family, etc.) So you can do this too on your first attempt. Don't let that junkie that is inside you tell you that you can't succeed on your first try. Many of us have. Don't use this as an excuse to light up. Make Your Mark - Join the Circle Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 906 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $180 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
  • Quit Meter

$1,705,350.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5867 Hours: 22

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey ItsIronic, The old junkie is having a hay day with you. Show him who has the power....YOU DO!!! I wish I could say this was my first attempt, but I can't... ItsIronic, you are doing sooooo well. Keep your guard up high and I mean HIGH!!! You know what to do, and how to do it. Just look at your screen name, you are IRONIC, FANTASTIC, ENGRGISED, ENTHUSATISTIC, UPLIFTING, SUPPORTIVE, ENCOURAGING, I could go on and on, but I think you get the message.... Hold your chin up high and ride that wave like you have never rode it before....I am so proud of you and your quit...No one can take it away from you unless you let them....And I know that isn't going to happen...Stay strong and fight!!! What would I do with out you at the beach??? I know, I would be screaming for you. Congratulations on those 110 days. Be blessed, SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 133 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,274 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $465.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
  • Quit Meter

$230,222.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6404 Hours: 20

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning Its Ironic isn't it that we can doubt ourselves so readily. The thought that you will fail or that your quit will not be possible for whatever reason; that you have not tried enough, that you haven't suffered through as much as many quits, and haven't been miserabel smoking for long enough, IS JUNKIE ADDICT THINKING!!!!!!! You have persevered and done this quit with strength and power and great resolve for 110 days. You not only are not failing you are doing what many, many, many, many smokers have dreamt of and have never been able to do. Celebrate where you are, give yourself more credit than you think you deserve and know trust that you not only can beat this addiction you are beating it. I read a lot here, and this 110, 100 120 day thing is a nasty piece of ground and there are a lot of quitters that have stumbled here and started to doubt themselves and have fallen off, some of them very temporary and some of them long term, some of them we have never seen again, some of them come back a year or months latter. STAND IN YOUR POWER - BE ABSOLUTELY STRONG Give your self credit and trust, love yourself enough and more than enough to give yourself a life of freedom. Freedom from fear and distrust and self loathing. Sorry to go on so and please simply take my hand and we can move through the nasty stuff. Keep on crossing the road Chicken and you will get to the other side, you just need to keep on crossing. Cheers Peace Phillip ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 92 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,848 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $690 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
18 years ago 0 415 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey there! I am a firt time quitter as well! I had a post back some 90 days ago that asked something like..."should I just smoke and get my first fail over with..." . NO!! I now believe that we are rare little gem stones and we can be quite inspiring. Its a horrible addiction so I see why so many people "Try" to quit over and over and how they are so easily drawn back in but if I wanted to fail, I wouldn't have quit to begin with! I like being a first attempter and successful thus far in my first attempt.....well its no longer an attempt I guess because I am still not smoking! We are lurking on the SSC but first time success stories are around!! Now we can add to them!! The Chicken [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 98 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 987 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $367.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
18 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi ItsIronic, Actually my Dad quit smoking for good on his very first try and and successfully quit drinking alcohol that very same day. He also lost weight in the first 6 months (that he needed to) of his quit. So you are doing GREAT and can certainly do this quit thing. It can be done the first time! Please, Please learn from all us repeat quitters......It is not fun to quit over and over. If you do like me and keep failing to quit, before you know it the years sneak up on you and you'll find yourself smoking for another 20 years. Don' let that happen to you! You are doing FANTASTIC! A strong person and a waterfall always channel their own path. - unknown Joonie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 574 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $98 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
18 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Its Ironic [IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f190/cuddlebug230/thcongratulations0.gif[/IMG] on 110 days, This is not my first attempt, but it is my last. You can quit and stay quit on your first attempt, if you want it bad enough. It is possible, because you are doing it. You will only fall if you let yourself fall. You are a inspiration on this site. Dont question your quit, accept it and be proud, You are a non-smoker. Cuddles It's better to be a non-smoker with an occasional desire for a cig than a smoker with a constant desire to quit...... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 568 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $100.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ItsIronic, I think the fact that so many people fail on their first times, or their first hundred times proves just how horrible this addiction really is. What counts is not the past, but the present! You're quitting now and you're doing it on your first try! Way to go!!!! I'm sure you've seen Katy around this site... she's been quit for over 4 years and this is her first quit. I think there's no better proof than her that this CAN be done on your first time. Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 205 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,142 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $846.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
18 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't fall into the trap of negativity thinking. Always believe that there is nothing that is too good to be true. Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 523 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,658 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1830.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 72 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$55,452.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 654 Hours: 20

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ironic, It is possible :) These feeling are normal and will pass. You are not alone and we are always here. You have 110 days under your belt and you should be proud. Determination will get you through and use those coping mechanisms if needed, to push you through those tough times. You can do this, so post often and we will be right here :) Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: