Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

What is SPECIAL about YOUR quit date?

17 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi AllyAnn, I had picked my birthday 1/8 as my quit date. About 3 months before my bday I started telling people that I was going to quit for my present I got the usually "sure you are". One week before my birthday New Years day I knew I was running out and debated for hours if I should quit early or not, lazyness got the best of me I did not want to go out in the cold I smoked my last cigarette that night. One of the rare cases that being lazy was a good thing. I am still too lazy to stop and buy a pack. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 136 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,681 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $503.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady what a great story I am so glad you made it through that whole episode. I just love your words I seem to feel them in my bones thank you. Ally thank you for this great thread by the way I told my husband that I am now to lazy to go buy his smokes he needs to figure it out on his own, I love that power and time I have [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 136 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,690 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $503.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 663 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had a very long, on again off again relationship with these crapsticks. I decided to face the worst it could throw at me through the coldest season - though here in VA, that's admittedly not that cold. I quit on the first day of winter, 2005. That was the day everything came to a head in my, err, head, and I knew I had to jump off of that cliff into the abyss, for good. You all certainly have helped by loaning me some wings... keep fightin' the good fight - fish [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 148 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,458 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $740 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 663 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great story, Lady. I guess it's safe to laugh now - that's hilarious. Guess if you make it through that, well, you can get through anything... keep fightin' the good fight - fish [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 148 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,460 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $740 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Alley, Not that I picked my quit day for any reason other than just being fed up with smoking and anxiously waiting for results from my chest x ray, ...But it turned out to be Earth Day. So, that suits me just fine. Kind of my way of giving back to the Earth which has given me so much:) Joonie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 528 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $91 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It was the day the light bulb lite up in my brain Cuddles It's better to be a non-smoker with an occasional desire for a cig than a smoker with a constant desire to quit...... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 526 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $93.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
#574832758 huh? Most people don�t keep track of their number of �quit attempts� as well as you AlleyAnn :8|: ;) Well, let's see. My original quit date was to be on my birthday 9/17. Not so much because it is my birthday. Rather because I felt I needed to �pick a date� and 9/17 (at the time) was farther away than 9/1. FEAR sure is a scary thing isn�t it? *grin* I did muster enough courage to begin working the quit program, participate in this support group, and start researching smoking cessation (ALL in an effort to be fully prepared come Q Day.) Ironically, I was reading about the effects of nicotine on the brain when I had an �aha moment� that sort of coincided with a �weird dream� and I suddenly just KNEW I was ready. I decided to quit ct immediately. (Thus I moved my quit date up and it became �what it is� now) I also decided to spend the first few days (nic withdrawal period) in malls, movie theatres, and even a hotel to avoid places were I had previously smoked. My intent was to eliminate as many triggers as possible. Unfortunately, the longest I had ever quit (prior to this forever quit) was 16 hours so I went to great lengths to get a few days under my belt. It worked. I would advise any new quitter to spend lots of time in places they have never smoked. My bed was also a place I had never smoked. Speaking of bed. G�night. :) Congrats on 48 days. Very good. [color=blue][font=Tahoma]All the best~[/color] [img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6922/n3us.gif[/img][size=3][color=blue]2[/color][/size][img]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2344/k6ob.gif[/img][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 271 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,963 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1355 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I quit July 1st last year because I wanted to go visit my son at church camp and knew I couldn't smoke up there (former closet smoker here). I was also going to be taking a couple of teens with me on this 4.5 to 5 hour trip. We would make the trip, stay the day and then return that evening. July 1st was the day before. I figured I would quit then and that July 2nd would be my 2nd day so I would be fine in this van full of teens and a 3 year old for a five hour road trip, a day in the open and then a five hour return trip. Are you laughing yet? What a trip that was! We made it there, I was craving bad! I was plotting how I could ditch all these crazy kids and go buy a pack and have one and cover my breath for the rest of the day without anyone knowing. Not a chance so I hung in there. When it came time to go home it was dark. This camp is located at the top of a mountain. Somehow (probably caused by the withdrawal brain) we made a wrong turn and got lost for over an hour on this mountain. Five teenage girls freaking out... withdrawing nicotine addict freaking out and 3 year old having fits because he didn't know what was going on. Can you visualize this? We somehow found our way home and I didn't smoke. Since then I've been putting one foot in front of the other. For me, July 1, 2005 will always be the day I began my new life and started developing the new me. I do not regret this decision one bit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 321 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,433 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1123.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I didn't pick my date. My date picked me! It had never occurred to me to plan ahead. I just kept having this thought gnawing in the back of my brain. "You have high blood pressure. You have high cholesterol. You're going to die. You need to quit. You need to quit. You need to quit." Ad nauseum. Then one morning I woke up and gave it a shot. And it took! And coincidentally, it turned out to be my parents' wedding anniversary. Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 521 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,607 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1823.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 71 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
  • Quit Meter

$54,943.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 648 Hours: 21

Minutes: 50 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi AA, It could have been any day of the year and in recent failed quits it was but today was the day that I finally got it!! And 2 years later I know that I got it right! 18th May will never be the same again, that day in 2004 I woke up and finished with it - thank God and Me! 18th May is more important to me than my birthday - no kidding!!! Any Day, Just Quit!!! Penitent d730
  • Quit Meter

$56,947.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1128 Hours: 0

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: