Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

What is SPECIAL about YOUR quit date?

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My husband and I mail ordered our smokes. We'd buy like 6 cartons at a time. We told ourselves when those had run out ... we would quit. So that's what we did. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 573 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
  • Quit Meter

$54,495.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 10

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, I have a good one! I really wanted to quit on my sons birthday March 4th but man that is so far away and on his bday this year I wasn't even thinking about what my date would be! So, my dads 50th birthday was May 15th so that is why I chose my date. Now I will always remember what day and how many years it has been since I quit! I hope my dad doesn't mind I took over his birthday but I am going to assume that he will be proud that I actually did it!!! Now, I just need to get him & my mom on the wagon with me! I love that the date has meaning, besides the MAJOR meaning of me quitting smoking, finally!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 68 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 296 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bump I like hearing your stories. It makes for good reading. ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 805 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
Thanks everyone for all your stories. Polly being lazy is a great reason for your quit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 642 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $193.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
I have often wondered why people pick a certain day to make it there quit date. For me personally It was try #574832758. It just actually stuck on 3-30-06. It has a nice look to it now and the best thing is I get to share my quit date with Shelly. Strut you stats and let everyone know why you picked the day you did to make it YOUR quit date. SmogFree Shamrock Alley [url=http://][IMG]http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i197/lorilind/animated_clover.gif[/IMG][/url] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 636 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $189.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
I needed a good laugh to end my hard week at work. Shelly, I know what tomorrow is. I got a new swim suit and a new bottle of sun screen. Im ready to get on the ship that will take us to the beach. I have been so excited about day 50. Lady that was a great story and yes I visualized the entire thing. Polly you crack me up, I laugh every time I hear you say your "to lazy" To everyone else that left there story. Thanks so much its alot of fun to read Alley [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 647 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $193.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My quit date really has no story to it......... It was the day that a hypnosis seminar was being held. So I went. Smoked about 1 full pack before going in for the final call. Then that was it. None since....... I didn't really believe I would quit. I was scared and made myself believe that I did not want to quit. I never pictured my life without them. I had no intention of staying quit. I did not smoke because I desperately wanted my hubby to quit, not me........ He has a horrid cough, and I knew quitting would help it. It did. He didn't cough at all. And I mean his cough was bad. He vomitted every morning, noon, and night from coughing attacks. His chest hurt so bad. He was only 34. So I knew if I smoked, he would too. So I didnt. But then he did. But that is another story. I am still quit. I will forever be quit. I own my quit. I love my quit. I am strong for my quit. And now I am just rambling.............. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,233 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $241.98 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 133 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning Alley! I LOVE sharing my quit date with you as well. It makes quitting easier when you have an on-line buddy. [IMG]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j229/dswill123/111angelhug.gif[/IMG] Alley, did you noticed what tomorrow is? We get to board that Cruise Ship. We will be a big 50! YES! [IMG]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j229/dswill123/TR4Cruising02.gif[/IMG] For me HMMMM.. No reason really. See everyone thought I had quit a week earlier with my husband but I hadn�t. I was sneaking Cigs that hole week. I remember getting up that morning and I felt really guilty. I had just came back inside from smoking that first Cig, and I was setting here reading all the SSC postings . The posting from ChickenStix DO YOU WANT TO BE SMOKEFREE OR NOT??? Really hit home for me. I took what was left in my pack and flushed it. That was 3/30/05 Today I have the POWER! Today I have a CHOICE! Today I CHOSE LIFE! [IMG]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j229/dswill123/HOPatricksdayclover033HL.gif[/IMG] Smogfree Shamrock ~Shelly~ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,235 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $159.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 133 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OOPS, I wish it was 03/30/05 how about 03/30/2006 Today I have the POWER! Today I have a CHOICE! Today I CHOSE LIFE! [IMG]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j229/dswill123/HOPatricksdayclover033HL.gif[/IMG] Smogfree Shamrock ~Shelly~ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,235 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $159.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My quit date was the day that my husband called me and said that his shop foreman had been diagnosed with tongue cancer - directly related to smoking. Owning a small business you get to make everyone part of your family - so it felt like someone had hit me in the gut. That was the day I said to him "I am not going to smoke anymore" and I haven't. Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 86 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 870 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $172 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

$1,702,987.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5859 Hours: 19

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 43

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: