Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.761 posts in 47.061 threads.

160,839 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Sinea, MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS

PROSELYTIZING...

18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Fish -- Sonds like you are serving as a good example, It's great to hear that you are held in high esteem - - I have a couple of friends at work starting their quit journey too. I think everyone is tired of the wasted cash, bad health, hauling themselves down the elevator in all kinds of weather to go make themselves stinky. I hope that if they have any trouble, they will feel like they can count on me to listen, help or just give general help or advice. Hey if the guy you work with is going to quit on vacation with his inlaws -- and lives to tell about it --he can survive anything. LOL! Hangin In Not Givin In, CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 815 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $164.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Fish! That is great news!! I love to hear that others are quitting! I too have my father-in-law and his roomate that quit 3 weeks ago!! They saw that my hubby and I quit, so they thought they would go along as well!! I do pat myself on the back for that one. I know if it hadn't been for our quits, they would not have even considered it right now. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,041 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $222.36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
18 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fish - Great Job! You are setting such a great example for them...and you will understand when things get a little tense around there! You might get them to come online and download the "Quit Program Notebook" for help and just leave it around for that last lone smoker to see! Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 810 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $160 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$1,705,462.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5868 Hours: 7

Minutes: 10 Seconds: 58

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Fish, Wow, what wonderful news, the more the better. I wish they would come to SSC and get some support. I'm sure you have told them. I wish them well on their quits. Your office might become a little tense for awhile. Be patient with them. You have been there and know what they are about to go through. You will be able to help them through each stage of their quit. I am so proud of you. Thanks for sharing.. Be blessed, SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 124 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,124 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $434 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

$230,237.44

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6405 Hours: 6

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 663 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
2 of the 3 remaining smokers in my office are in the midst of the beginnings of their quit. One is nearing the 2 week mark and is using the patch. The other I'm guessing is around 4 days now (he's used the gum in the past - not sure this time - I'll know next week) - he said he was going to quit while on vacation visiting his inlaws. The last poor soul is a stubborn old mule and a self proclaimed cowboy, but even he must see the writing on the wall as walks his lonely march out the back door to his smoke filled encampment. I think if my quit was any impetus to these 2, it was only because they were like, 'man, if that guy can do it, I'll have no problems.' Well, I'll take what I can get and wish them the best. It's good to have some friends in the fight in the physical realm too. keep fightin' the good fight - fish [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 141 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,255 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $705 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
18 years ago 0 389 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I wish your co-workers great sucess and I wish you alot of patience...remember what it was like early on in your quit (or perhaps not...I don't know)...I just know they need your support and it sounds like you're definately there for them...I applaud you! N.O.P.E. Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 128 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,577 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $384 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fish, Glad to hear it! What a great role-model you're being! Smokers really do watch quitters and that's awesome that these people are following in your footsteps to freedom. Congratulations to all three of you! [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/signature.jpg[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 197 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,943 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $813.61 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The more the merrier (eventually, anyway), fish. :) Keep up the good quit. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 355 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,114 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1349 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 66 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48

Reading this thread: