Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Stepping down again - Accelerated schedule!

18 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi CybrDuke, I can only echo what RedRosie says. I've had no trouble in coming down each level and hardly noticed when coming off the patches altogether. I think it's all to do with wanting to give up more than wanting to smoke and with your attitude I'm sure you will win! Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,443 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �607.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cybrduke. You should be excited! You're doing so well. I used the patches too and had no problems at each step down. I'm sure you'll do just great too because of your positive attitude. I'm also glad to hear you're working together with your doctor on this quit. Mine was extremely supportive too. Keep going, you're doing it! [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 124 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,984 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1029.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
18 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
cybrduke, Congrats on a great quit! I used the patch to assist me in my quit and other than some very mild mini-craves for the first couple of days of each step-down, I flew through it! Move on with your quit and never look back! [b][color=Purple]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size] [size=2][color=purple]Hoping for success without hard work is like trying to harvest without planting.[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 355 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,883 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $869.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 62 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

$36,343.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9771 Hours: 3

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello all - Saw my doctor and we discussed the quit and how well it's going. I actually brought him a print out of my craving chart from this site to help inform him. He feels I'm well ahead of where he thought I would be at this point. He told me he thought I would have either A)folded by now, or B)still be dealing with extreme cravings. The original plan was to step down to the 7mg patch after being on the 14's for about 7 weeks. He told me yesterday to step down after two weeks on the 14mg patches. THAT'S TOMORROW! So tomorrow I put on my last 14, and on Sunday I put on a 7. He said to use the 7mg patch for at least two weeks and we'll meet again to see if I'm ready to come off the NRT's all together!!!!!!! Far from being aprehensive, I'm very excited about this news! I too think I'm ready and I know I can't fail! Instead of being on NRT's for the next few months, (original plan was 7 weeks at 14 and then 7 weeks at 7) I'm looking at less than a month! We will, of course fall back and recover if it endangers the quit but you know what? It's not going to. I really have beaten the nicodemon this time. I can feel it in my bones. Somehow I just know. This site has been a godsend. Smoke free and stepping down in New Hampshire! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,077 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $501.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
  • Quit Meter

$99,943.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9153 Hours: 9

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
cy, It is wonderful to see all the support you have and your determination to quit. 60 days tomorrow! You deserve to reward yourself and be proud! Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: