Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Stages of change

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.762 posts in 47.062 threads.

160,845 Members

Please welcome our newest members: iloveludlow, maddshp, Sinea, MANA MARIE, mandie1991

Ok who wants a cigarette???

18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chicken, I'm so sorry that I'm coming in on this so late and that I wasn't around earlier to help you, but I'm sure you're going to make it through this just fine. You're a strong person and an awesome quitter and I just know that you will weather the storm and when the dust settles, it will be you standing and ole Nic who's laying on the ground in defeat! I remember the 30 day hump that you hit over a week early... perhaps this is the 100 day hump early too. I do remember having a hard time around 80 days (the first time) and then again around 100, but some people only go through it once... I hope you will be one of the fortunate ones. Whatever it is, and no matter how long it lasts, it WILL pass and you will get through this without smoking. Like others have said, make sure to be good to yourself... reward yourself for a job well done! You deserve it! Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/butterfly3.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 187 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,699 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $772.31 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
18 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Once an addict, always an addict. I have a friend who quit smoking over ten years ago. He tells me every now and then he gets an urge that he really needs to work on to get rid of. He told me he sometimes has a day or two when he feels like starting up again but it goes away and doesn't resurface for months at a time. I guess the junkie in us will never go away, but we can control it. It's all about choices. 80 days is AWESOME! Beat that junkie back into submission and go on with your quit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,017 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $484.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$100,053.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9163 Hours: 10

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 51

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1306 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Chicken I had a really hard time at around 75 days, got past it only to lose it at 107 days. Something to be said for that time period. Also, at around that time, I started staying away from the SCC....I came, read quickly then left...not finding anything relevant to me. Thought I didn't need the SCC...maybe I could take a step back....mistake. You did right by coming here. You need to stay here. I too am concerned about something in your post: "and if crisis really hit it would be me lighting up! Sounds like the Nicodemon is waiting for that [i]perfect[/i] opportunity. No excuse is a good one. Be careful...he's tricky! It's going to get better. You can do this. I know you can!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 197 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$330,859.73

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6035 Hours: 5

Minutes: 42 Seconds: 14

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Chicken, It�s the almost-100-feeling-weird days. MANY quitters have gone through this since I joined the SSC and it DOES go away. Maybe it�s Nic�s last try. There is no nicotine in your body, so you know it�s all in your mind. Go get yourself a snaz reward, take a nice long bath, listen to some good music, and maybe eat something you�ve really been wanting for awhile. You�ll be fine � just DON�T SMOKE. Not cravin', never cavin'. Hummy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/5/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 363 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,543 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2359.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
  • Quit Meter

$472,981.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5390 Hours: 4

Minutes: 50 Seconds: 25

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1073 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hiya chickenstix, You're getting some real good advise here...summed up... This will pass. Reward yourself (very important!!) This will pass. Stay close to the SSC! This will pass. Keep quit seperate from hubby's! This will pass. Reward your self! This will pass. Be proud of you!! We CAN do this! [color=Purple]~lbugg~[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 413 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 21,889 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2725.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
  • Quit Meter

$52,897.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 926 Hours: 1

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chicken, You can do this and be proud of 80 days! This is normal so try and ignore it :) Have a treat, go for a walk and relax yourself :) Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: